Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Zenjoy
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Something I noticed while working on redesigning a few of the characters for my group (Rosalin included).

The wording of her per turn ability reads:

"Whenever you draw Crisis Cards, draw 2 and choose 1 to resolve. Place the other on the bottom of the deck"

The natural assumption here is this only happens on her turn (when she would normally draw a Crisis card on her turn). However, could she technically do the following move:

1) Another player XO's her.
2) First action - Consolodate Power to draw x2 Tactics Cards
3) Second Action - use a "Launch Scout" to draw x2 Crisis cards, choose to keep both ontop of the deck or both on the bottom (or one to the top and bottom)

I'm sure it doesn't work this way but want some confirmation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Cybulskie
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
zfairborn wrote:
Something I noticed while working on redesigning a few of the characters for my group (Rosalin included).

The wording of her per turn ability reads:

"Whenever you draw Crisis Cards, draw 2 and choose 1 to resolve. Place the other on the bottom of the deck"

The natural assumption here is this only happens on her turn (when she would normally draw a Crisis card on her turn). However, could she technically do the following move:

1) Another player XO's her.
2) First action - Consolodate Power to draw x2 Tactics Cards
3) Second Action - use a "Launch Scout" to draw x2 Crisis cards, choose to keep both ontop of the deck or both on the bottom (or one to the top and bottom)

I'm sure it doesn't work this way but want some confirmation.

Since that statement says that she'd have to choose 1 to RESOLVE, either she'd be resolving one of those two Crises in a scout or, more reasonably, her ability doesn't apply because she isn't DRAWING Crises on a "Launch Scout", but is simply looking at them.

Either interpretation at best makes her the same as everyone else, and at worst makes her a worse scout because she'd end up playing an extra Crisis every time she did so.

So I'll go with the latter interpretation: that scouting is not drawing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron McKenzie
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup, the Launch Scout cards instructs you to look at the top card, not to draw it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If this is your own variant, the only comment I have to say is I feel crisis cards should only be played/done in the crisis step.

As far as game rules go, it's been covered by the previous posts....
Well, first off, even Roslin would only get to look at one card using a LS. Her ability to look at 2 only comes into play when it's her turn, and when it's the crisis step of her turn. And yeah, looking at a card does NOT mean resolving it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.