Popular Tags: [View All]
Laszlo Molnar
Hungary
Budapest
Hungary
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just don't seem to clearly understand the rules. So what's the order when we're taking trophies? I'd understand it this way:

1. Winner player (A) might have enough cubes to claim a trophy.
2. After claiming the trophy they (A) might have enough cubes even for other throphies.
3. When the winner (A) doesn't have enough cubes to claim more trophies (in the given situation) it's the loser player (B) who can claim a trophy if they can.
4. Now if B has enough cubes to claim the fourth trophy, can he do it? Can he not? Or he can claim the third/fourth trophy only if player A does not have enough cubes to claim the third/fourth trophy?
5. Furthermore, after A has claimed, let's say, 1 trophy, followed by B claiming 1 trophy and it's once again A who has claimed a trophy (we're still at the events triggered by simply scoring a field, the winner gaining 4 cubes, starting a chain reaction), who can claim the fourth trophy first? Is it A or B?

Thanks for your answer in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blorb Plorbst
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
I think we're all bozos on this bus.
mbmbmb
Cubes are gained by only one person at a time: following a complete balloon hop.

Trophies are claimed as soon as a player has the cubes to do so and they may claim as many trophies as they are able.

The winner of the most recent hop has priority and may claim all the trophies they can before the second player has an option to claim trophies (presumably with 3 excess cubes of a an already claimed trophy color)

In practice it is incredibly rare that both players might have cause to claim a trophy at the same time. Consider that that the winner of a hop always has priority and you should be fine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laszlo Molnar
Hungary
Budapest
Hungary
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you. So you mean the answers are
4, B can do it but only if player A does not have enough cubes to claim the third/fourth trophy.
5. It's A.
Am I right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel (working on TENNISmind...)
France
Caen
(from Valencia, Spain)
flag msg tools
designer
My latest game: Big*Bang, a simple abstract about the first minutes of the Universe
badge
My best-rated game: TETRARCHIA, about the tetrarchy that saved Rome
mbmbmbmbmb
CrankyPants wrote:
Trophies are claimed as soon as a player has the cubes to do so and they may claim as many trophies as they are able.

The "may" should be a "must" for direct claims (enough cubes of the trophy color)?
I understood that only the claims involving 3-1 trades are optional...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the clarification. I got this for my wife for Christmas and we have played it several times already.

In our last game my wife was on 2 trophies and I had one. I took a load of cubes and was able to claim using the 3 for 1 trade the other 2 trophies. However, as soon as I claimed one of the trophies my wife was able to claim the remaining trophy 3 for 1 also.

As we were not sure on priority order, although not a leap to assume the winner of the cubes gets priority, we decided to call it a draw and find out the answer later.#]

Cheers for the rules clarification.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Klinck
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This actually got me to break out my rules, and it's actually pretty clear.

I learned the game on Yucata.de, which works like this: Claims based on having enough cubes of a colour are automatic and immediate. Claims using 3-for-1 can only happen on your own turn.

This isn't quite compliant with the rulebook, which says:

The player winning the cubes can claim as many trophies as they are able, but is not obligated to use the 3-for-1 rule.

After this, the other player may claim one trophy (again, not obligated to use the 3-for-1 option).

If this has a cascading effect (claiming a trophy makes more 3-for-1 options available), the players can do so, but the player who won the cubes still always takes precedence in claiming trophies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.