Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
Love Games, Love 'Em!!!
badge
Check out DiceTower.com!
mbmbmbmbmb
Episode # 169 of the Dice Tower is up!
http://audio.funagain.com/thedicetower/TDT169-TheDiceTower-E...

In this episode, Eric reviews a pile of games, Moritz discusses Mozart and games, and Geoff defends High Society. Dexter and the Chief go over Long Shot, Tom rants against publishers' lack of respect for dads, and Adam gives us some Dominon variants. Ryan gives more instructions on how to properly teach a game, and Eric talks about Ra: the Dice Game. Finally, we give our top ten stress-inducing board games, along with guest Charley Eastman.

Top Ten list is here:

http://www.thedicetower.com/thedicetower/index.php/top_ten_l...

And the show notes are here:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/513436/episode-169

Enjoy!

Tom Vasel
"Real men play board games"
www.thedicetower.com
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael J
United States
Folsom
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think this list is missing some of the all time most stressful games. Ra, Taj Mahal, and Pandemic come to mind. Even For Sale or Can't Stop. Perhaps not all of them belong there, but surely one of them? Not sure I would have considered RFTG a stressful game, as it tends to play on autopilot after a while (IMO). But thanks for the list. It was a nice quick read.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Garnica
United States
West Covina
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's reassuring to see that I'm not the only one who has always maintained that Ticket to Ride is, indeed, a "stressful" game. For the reason, I don't like it. Actually, the only stressful game I own on the list is Ultimate Werewolf; but then again, I'm usually moderating, which I quite enjoy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Swood
United States
Stamford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Twilight Struggle tops my personal list of stress-inducers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the most "stressful" games are those where your actions are timed, e.g., Ricochet Robots or Ubongo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Newell
Canada
Regina
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
mbmb
Zaphod wrote:
I think the most "stressful" games are those where your actions are timed, e.g., Ricochet Robots or Ubongo.

I'd agree with that. I feel the most stress when playing real-time games, like Boggle or Space Alert.

That, and games with loud/annoying noises, like Operation or Rocket Hockey.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.