Les Marshall
United States
Woodinville
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Although we have successfully fended of so called "climate change" legitslation, those pesky climate conspiracy fanatics are trying a back door attack using existing legislation aka the "Clean Water Act".

http://www.newsobserver.com/2010/04/04/421188/clean-water-ac...

It has been so obvious to most of us that people can't "warm up" the world. So, it really frosts me that they'd try and change the ploy from heat to seafood. But, if we can't heat the globe, we sure as heck can't acidify entire oceans. Right? I mean what other sorts of nonsense will they attribute to carbon production?

I like my car (and don't really like oysters anyway) so pipe down.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
designer
mb
I dislike oysters just as much as I dislike your car.

The difference is that oysters like other species are integral parts of ecosystems which are providing most needed products and services for me.

Your car is an integral part of an economic system, which is also vital for me, but as we have more control over the economic system than we have over the ecosystems, it's easier to replace your car than the oyster.

So I urge you to amend or substitute your car and leave the oysters alone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Eig
United States
Huntington
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Why can't we acidify oceans? Do the laws of chemistry suspend themselves at certain scales?

If we pump in unlimited amounts of chemical X, will it disappear at a certain point?

Or are you saying that we don't produce enough of chemical X?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mbmbmbmbmb
Chemical-X+ sugar & spice & everthing nice produces Powerpuff Girls, silly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rcbevco wrote:
Chemical-X+ sugar & spice & everthing nice produces Powerpuff Girls, silly.

And don't pump any into Mojo's moat, he is very clear on this:

"Hey you kids, get out of my moat, it was not meant to be played in. I must remember to destroy those kids after my breakfast has been eaten."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Les Marshall
United States
Woodinville
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I see literalism is alive and well on RSP.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Eig
United States
Huntington
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Well... when you start an argument from a silly position, what do you expect?

Though on a serious note, do you think we'd get more super villains, or super heroes through wide spread addition of Chemical X to our water supply?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Ellis
United States
Brookline
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rulesjd wrote:
It has been so obvious to most of us that people can't "warm up" the world.

How would you describe the basic case made that human activity is causing the climate to warm? If you're familiar with that case, what part of it is so obviously wrong? Or are you looking at it in a more intuitive sense that human activity just isn't "big" enough to affect things on a planetary scale?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Ellis
United States
Brookline
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dtolman wrote:
Though on a serious note, do you think we'd get more super villains, or super heroes through wide spread addition of Chemical X to our water supply?

If comics I've seen are any indication, the most noticeable effect would be super busts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dtolman wrote:

If the people I have met during my life are any indication, I'd say we'd get a lot of super selfish-jerks. Not quit evil enough to be villainous, and not quite altruisitc enough to be heroes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Les Marshall
United States
Woodinville
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Chad_Ellis wrote:
Rulesjd wrote:
It has been so obvious to most of us that people can't "warm up" the world.

How would you describe the basic case made that human activity is causing the climate to warm? If you're familiar with that case, what part of it is so obviously wrong? Or are you looking at it in a more intuitive sense that human activity just isn't "big" enough to affect things on a planetary scale?

Chad, I'm disappointed that you, of all people, failed to read between the lines here. Or put a different way, you weren't the troll I was baiting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge Montero
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
I'll take Manhattan in a garbage bag. With Latin written on it that says "It's hard to give a shit these days"
mbmbmbmbmb
Rulesjd wrote:

Chad, I'm disappointed that you, of all people, failed to read between the lines here. Or put a different way, you weren't the troll I was baiting.

Let me get this straight, YOU were baiting someone and you call HIM a troll? gulp
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc P
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Go Huskies!...oh, well
mbmbmbmbmb
Honestly, Lee, you missed the mark. Your first paragraph had no tinge of sarcasm, and your second one just barely hinted at it. What you were trying to pull off pretty much required the group to know how you felt about the issue before you ever posted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Ellis
United States
Brookline
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hibikir wrote:
Rulesjd wrote:

Let me get this straight, YOU were baiting someone and you call HIM a troll? gulp

I don't think he's calling me a troll. I think he's saying that I'm not the being he was baiting and that said being happens to be a troll.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Les Marshall
United States
Woodinville
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Chad_Ellis wrote:
hibikir wrote:
Rulesjd wrote:

I don't think he's calling me a troll. I think he's saying that I'm not the being he was baiting and that said being happens to be a troll.

thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.