Doug Poskitt
Wales
Cwmavon
West Glamorgan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1941 YSS

Britain plays variant #5 (Allies lose only 2 BRPs per U-Boat factor)

Strategic Warfare Resolution
Germany = 10 U-Boats
Britain = 4 ASW

Germany has 6 U-Boats remaining

Britain loses 12 BRPs, with 47 BRPs remaining.

BRP Calculations

Italy
1940 BRP base = 75
0 BRPs remain at end of 1940
1941 BRP base = 75

1941 BRPs = 75

Germany
1940 BRP base = 150
0 BRPs remain at end of 1940
1941 BRP base = 150
Poland (20), Denmark (10), Norway (10), The Netherlands (10), Belgium (15), Luxembourg (5), France (42), Yugoslavia (20), Greece (10) = 142 BRPs

1941 BRPs = 292

Britain
1940 BRP base = 125
47 BRPs remain after SW resolution (40% growth rate) = 18 BRPs
1941 BRP base = 143
Morocco (5), Algeria (5), Tunisia (5), Lebanon-Syria (5), Turkey (30) = 50 BRPs

1941 BRPs = 193

USSR
1940 BRP base = 90
107 BRPs remain at end of 1940 (30% growth rate) = 32 BRPs
1941 BRP base = 122
East Europe (25) = 25 BRPs

1941 BRPs = 147

Axis Total BRPs = 367 (+174)
Allied Total BRPs = 193

Strategic Warfare Construction
Germany spends 28 BRPS, leaving 264 BRPs.
Britain spends 18 BRPs, leaving 175 BRPs.

Axis Total BRPs = 339 (+164)
Allied Total BRPs = 175

Objective hexes
Italy (4)
Genoa, Milan, Rome, Tripoli

Germany (13)
Antwerp, Berlin, Bonn, Breslau, Essen, Leipzig, Oslo, Paris, Krakow, Warsaw, Athens, Belgrade, Istanbul

Britain (8)
Birmingham, London, Manchester, Alexandria, Gibraltar, Malta, Mosul, Suez

USSR (11)
Astrakhan, Dnepropetrovsk, Grozny, Kharkov, Leningrad, Lvov, Maikop, Moscow, Riga, Smolensk, Stalingrad

Total Axis Objectives = 17
Total Allied Objectives = 19

1941 Per-turn Spending Limits
Italy = 37 BRPs
Germany = 132 BRPs
Britain = 87 BRPs
USSR = 73 BRPs

1941 BRP Grant Limits
Italy = 37 BRPs (to Germany)
Britain = 87 BRPs

Foreign Aid BRP Grant Limits
Germany = 29 BRPs
Britain = 19 BRPs
USSR = 14 BRPs

Comment
Well, the German BRP total certainly gives them a healthy lead over the Allies, with the Axis leading the Allied total by 164 BRPs!

Of course that could change because Turkey is most likely going to fall in Spring 1941, which will see 30 BRPs deducted from the British total. However, whenever the Soviet Union enters the war, the BRP balance will obviously change.

Strategic warfare resolution sees the Allies lose only 12 BRPs to the 6 U-Boats that remained after the mutual U-Boat/ASW eliminations, due to the Allies playing variant counter #5.

Interesting to see that the Germans did build all U-Boats in 1940. They have spent 28 BRPs on SW for 1941, though in keeping with our arrangement, the actual nature of the purchases will not be known until the 1942 YSS (unless he elects to send some U-Boats to the Murmansk box).

As for SW construction, Britain spends 18 BRPs (the maximum allowed). Even though Britain reaps the benefit from variant counter #5, I still do not want to fall too far behind in the Atlantic Convoy war, but I did construct one SAC factor. As I've said before, I consider this to be a game of "blind man's bluff", but the single SAC factor might - if the Allies are lucky - catch him out. As it stands, there are six German U-Boat factors in the SW box. If he builds U-Boats to the maximum, he will have a total of 20. My five ASW factors will reduce that to 15, which means that Britain must reckon on SW losses of 30 BRPs in the 1942 YSS. Alongside the 30 BRPs that will evaporate when Turkey falls, that will leave Britain with 115 BRPs for 1941 - with which to carry on the fight against the Axis and supply Russia with BRPs as required. 115 BRPs doesn't seem a heck of a lot for that dual purpose ... but we shall see.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henrik Reschreiter
United Kingdom
Poole
Dorset
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One of the main reasons for me to check the BGG at least once daily is to see if there is a new entry for your campaign...

Though like most of the time my heart is with the underdog (in this case probably the German), I can't help but admire the thorough logical approach you show to the game, and the resulting nagging feeling that it going to pay off in the long run....

Keep 'em coming!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Bauer
United States
Reading
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Waste Water too
badge
Mid-Atlantic Air Museum
mbmbmbmbmb
hreschreiter wrote:
One of the main reasons for me to check the BGG at least once daily ....!

Once daily is only on a really real world busy day. I've developed OCD with sometimes hourly checks for new posts and rereads.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jumbit
China
Zhejiang
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, no, this is only the year-end summary? Where's the screenshots? What happens in Turkey? Arrrgh you mean I have to wait for another one!

This series of posts has to receive some sort of award. It's head and shoulders above any others I've seen at BGG. Especially considering the game, which some of us will never play but enjoy reading about.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ulrich A
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
jumbit wrote:

This series of posts has to receive some sort of award.

Supported.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henrik Reschreiter
United Kingdom
Poole
Dorset
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Grrmbl, three weeks an not further report yet.... It's not that I am addicted to this series of reports, it's just that I check three or four times a day, every day to see if the next move is reported yet...

I can't wait to see how the story continues!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Poskitt
Wales
Cwmavon
West Glamorgan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
At present the Axis Spring 1941 turn is all but written up, and I hope to post it later today.

Life got in the way of the Axis march on Ankara - namely the marking of school exams and my opponent's schedules - though Summer 1941 is scheduled for tomorrow, and we hope to arrange a session every weekend for the next month or so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chris walsh
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Waiting with bated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.