Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » OLD BGGBlogs (do not use)

Subject: A Gamer Returns rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Hilary Hartman
United States
GLENNALLEN
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
Just your friendly, neighborhood game player and superhero!
mbmbmbmbmb
After many, many long years of no boardgaming -unless one counts Monopoly...- I recently purchased two games which should bring me back into the fold.

The first, Pirate's Cove, while colorful and beautiful, seems straight-forward and rather easy, perhaps light on the strategy. But it does look quite fun, too. Is there a reason I have yet to find any review or game space devoted to this game on this website?

The second, Runebound, while also a beautiful game it looks like more thinking and strategy are involved. I'll see, soon enough.

I suppose one of the biggest draws is that my wife also loves to game, and so I have an in-house competitor who's always around and willing to play.

I'd like to Thank Boardgame Geek and all of you folks for rekindling one of my former passions!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hans Persson
Sweden
Linköping
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Another one coming back
Welcome back to gaming! I just recently posted a story about getting back to gaming myself (http://boardgamegeek.com/geekjournal.php3?action=viewcomment...). Maybe this is the right season for returning, just in time for the long rainy fall evenings?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Lloyd
United Kingdom
Penmaenmawr
Conwy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pirate's Cove is listed under Piratenbucht which is the original Geman name. If unsure of the name, just type in part of it and search - such as "pirate". That will then either take you to the only game with that sequence of letters, or to a list from which you can choose.
Welcome back to the party

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.