Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Anselmo Diaz
United Kingdom
Crawley
West Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Runewars or Horus Heresy. Which one will you be getting?
Which one is less rules heavy(ie easier to play with the non-initiated)?
And what about time to go about one iteration (play)?

PS Just thinking of maybe, maybe, getting one of these. The problem is finding someone to play with. soblue At least I know I can get to play simple & short games with friends, but there seems to be an unsurmountable obstacle around games with rulebooks of 45+ pages.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan "Spartan Spawn, Sworn, Raised for Warring!"
United States
Sellersburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
badge
"By the power of truth, I, while living, have conquered the universe."
mbmbmbmbmb
I wont bet getting Runewars because I dont care for the fantasy theme. Horus Heresy looks good...VERY good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CHAPEL
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmbmbmb
I won't be getting Horus Heresy for just the fact that it's 2 player, and it's darn near impossible to get a 2player game to the table on game night.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eldon Nichol
United States
Prineville
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Didn't know that games could catch VD
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Jenkins
United States
Henderson
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I already have Runewars, although I haven't gotten to play it yet. My group will play it, but I need to be "on my game" as the game explainer that day. Universal Head's reference sheets being available now will help. This thread both intimidated and ultimately reassured me in this regard.

I preordered Horus Heresy this week. I'm a Warhammer and 40k aficionado (even after the crap GW has pulled), and I'm excited for a game of this scale in a setting I really enjoy. All of the designer diaries and the posted rules have done nothing to discourage me, although since my core game group is 3 players, this will be a game that gets pulled out in different situations.

At first blanch, the complexity of the two games seems comparable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MWChapel wrote:
I won't be getting Horus Heresy for just the fact that it's 2 player, and it's darn near impossible to get a 2player game to the table on game night.

Ironically it's the exact opposite for me and my tiny group, MWChapel. Multiplayer games of 3-5 are nearly impossible to get enough players for - and even if we did have 3-5 players they wouldn't want to play any 2-hour plus games at all.

In that regard, Horus Heresy is an exciting product for me and our group. I'm definitely going to try it at the FFG event center on Tuesday evening.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anselmo Diaz
United Kingdom
Crawley
West Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lucky you Wytefang!
PS And don't forget your W:I deck/s for some fine-tuning prior to the regionals!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Being a huge fan of Warhammers I will be of course buying Horus Heresy. But since I also love strategy games (fantasy, historical etc.) I plan to buy Runewars as well. Just that HH has bigger priority for me.

Both games are rather heavy looking, but since HH is not out yet we don't know how long the gameplay can take, but I guess it won't be a short game.

And yes being a 2 player game is huge plus.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Necessary Evil
United States
Glen Arm
Maryland
flag msg tools
Yes, I play the Bass.
badge
Sweet Holy Moses, Fruit F*cker Prime!
mbmbmbmbmb
Horus Heresy is a must buy for me. I got Runewars but could probably have done without it.

Then again I buy everything if its new and from FFG.....

-M

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.