Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jorge Arroyo
Spain
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty sure I'm doing this right, but I want to check it...

When you prepare in your own turn, the solo player draws a card and only follows the top two parts. But, is the "active" AI section flipped to "Acted"?

I don't think so, because later on the rules it says if no enemy section can act, they draw a card and follow the top two parts too, so those don't seem to need a section to actually "act".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drake Coker
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
This is my tank for Combat Commander
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe you are correct: follow the instructions (if applicable), but nobody flips to Acted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vasilis
Greece
Heraklion Crete
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dan clarified this at Consimworld and said that you actually flip the AI Activated Section to Acted when the AI prepares.

I have been playing it as Jorge mentioned above though giving the AI "free" prepares.

I played 1 game using the clarified rule and though that this makes the game worse somehow because the player can try to Prepare first in order to flip enemy sections to Acted so that they cannot counterattack later in the turn.
This ofcourse requires the player to have more Sections than the AI but it seems like a cheap trick to beat the AI that I didn't like at all.

I'll surely have to play more games without "free" prepares for the AI to have a final verdict on this though...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.