9 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » New Zealand

Subject: New To BGG and Wellington. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Hall
New Zealand
flag msg tools
Hi, just a note to say hello and looking for a potential board game circle.

So far my gaming experience has tended to be civilisation builders like Mare Nostrum [I rate highly!], the original Civ [and the eagles game version], Java etc.
I also enjoy Carcassone, Attack[expanded and with some house rules], Tikal, Helas, Memoir '44 and a few other similar games.
I used to play a lot of risk and thats where it started realy but I am over it as I prefer Euro games with a minimum of luck based mechanics.
I also tend to steer clear of overly large or 'epic' games Civ being an exception I guess.
Anyway just saying Hi to Wellies, lovely town, great people etc
peace j
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Moffett
United States
Toledo
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome to the Geek and good luck finding a group! You can search for people based on country and stuff or search the forums for mentions of a group in New Zealand, or hope a countryman comes along and invites you
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
john morrison
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
Hi John,

There are a number of boardgaming circles in Wellington, but if you go here:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/guild:367:moreinfo

You'll find some good starting points.

regards,
John

PS I forgot that BGG doesn't handle long URLs. You'll need to cut and paste the whole of that address above, rather than simply clicking on it.
Sorry about that.

PPS, John and Robert, welcome to Wellington, best wishes in finding a group to your liking. I'm usually at the Forum on Mondays myself, so make you go there do make yourselves known.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert MacGregor
Canada
flag msg tools
I just moved to Wellington myself and would like to find something similar.

Mare Nostrum I love as well (end game needs some work though). Pillars of the Earth, Struggle of Empires, Co-op games as well...

Let me know if you find anything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David and Natalie
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome aboard, John! You're definitely in the right town for board gaming. Wellycon will be there in two or three months and it's a great excuse to spend a whole weekend gaming.

Plenty of friendly gaming folk in the capital, too. No doubt one of them will pop by to say hello shortly. thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David and Natalie
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rob2Kx wrote:
I just moved to Wellington myself and would like to find something similar.

Mare Nostrum I love as well (end game needs some work though). Pillars of the Earth, Struggle of Empires, Co-op games as well...

Let me know if you find anything.

And a big kia ora to you too, Robert!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Dodd
New Zealand
Martinborough
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Limited Access - Back 9th Feb 2018
mbmbmbmbmb
All Aboard's game night in Featherston, Wairarapa is this Friday 16th. All Aboard are in a flash new store, and there may be some Wellington folk coming over the hill.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Hall
New Zealand
flag msg tools
Thanks to all.

Looking forward to making the right contacts.

Hi Rob I'll be in touch if anything comes along

peace all j
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Louise McCully
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I know the Phoenix Science Fiction and Fantasy Club down in Wellington hold a monthly board game get together

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.