Subject: The Wrath of Gror rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeremy Yoder
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Dwarves vs. Cave Goblins

I was playing the dwarves, and the goblins were pushing hard. I had 2 Defenders and Olin on the board, but my opponent had 7 common goblins (slingers and fighters) along with Sneeks. The only thing I had going for me was I had destroyed his 2 walls... but it didn't look like he needed any at the moment.

Then I was able to summon Gror, and move him right into the midst of the throng, putting him within range of 6 commons. I also summoned a Spearman and placed him adjacent to the 7th common. And although I felt it was overkill, I cast Heroic on Gror to give him 2 more attack rolls. (I know he only needed 1 hit to get all 6, but I couldn't afford a miss at this point in the game.)

The Spearman killed his target, then Gror raised his hammer and smote the ground... only 2 of the dice actually hit! But just like that, I had wiped out Sneeks entire army, leaving only him with no walls.

I didn't know how soon he could bring his third wall into play, so I went on the offensive with Olin was well, given my opponent had a pile of magic to spend. But on his next turn, he couldn't play a wall. I chased him and severely wounded Sneeks, but on his next turn he made a wall and hid behind it. Only Gror could hit him, but to kill him, he needed both hits, but he pulled it off.

That's when my opponent showed his hand, and what he could have summoned, including a Champion and how he could have put the hurt on Olin. All in all, a great battle that swung one way, with the potential to swing back the other depending on what would could have transpired.

Gror hates goblins.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Delta 5.56
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well done. Thats why Oldin calls him a champion I guess! I still have yet to use Gror after around 10 plays. I think I shall try him soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ross Meredith
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
Aces! I've only played with the Guild Dwarves once, but I did learn this: Gror kills things dead. I happened to be fortunate enough summon him on the same turn as both Heroic Feats popped up, generating 6 hits in the centre of a goblin horde. Which would have taken out 2/3 walls, ~3 commons & a champion, but Sneeks had the gall to die too. Oddly disappointing to not 'see' the apocalypse, but blammo all the same.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.