Recommend
124 
 Thumb up
 Hide
42 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » Europe » Poland

Subject: Polish President rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bradley Kinser
United States
APO
APO AE
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
To my friends and allies in Poland,

It is with sincere regret that offer my condolences and prayers for the death of President Kaczynski, his wife and all the other patriotic Poles who died with him in the plane crash in Russia.

I've trained hundreds of Poles for missions in Iraq and Afghanistan in Poland over the years. I've played wargames with Poles in Iraq at BIAP while going on EML. Always great sportsmenship from you guys.

Poland - Solidarity Now and Forever!

Polska Solidarność Teraz i Na zawsze!

89 
 Thumb up
1.01
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Duby
United States
Honolulu
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
If you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. (Romans 10:9)
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I also want to add my condolences.
16 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michel Sorbet
Poland
Lublin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
"A son seul aspect n'est-on pas terrasse? Nul n'est assez hardi pour l'exciter" Job 40:28
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
That's really nice that such a thread has been created.In the name of all Poles I thank every single person whose thoughts are with us at the moment.

We are all shocked by this disaster and the irony of history.
1940 - Polish II Republic elites were massacrated in Katyń
2010 - Polish III Republic elites die in the very same place.

It's mourning time. And a time of deep reflection.
soblue
32 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Con
Ireland
Dublin
flag msg tools
badge
Penny of king Sigtrygg II Silkbeard of Dublin
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a very sad time.
10 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Poland
Poznan
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I just hope that their death won't be in vain and everyone around the world will hear what hapened 70 years ago in Katyn, because for many years it was hidden by Soviet Union.

All these people I can't believe it...

Thank you for your support.
15 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bartek Jarosz
Poland
Wrocław
lower silesia
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks for support!
12 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kai Scheuer
Germany
Eppelsheim
Rheinland Pfalz
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
No doubt it is a tragic event and I, too, offer my condolences.

However there are a couple of things, that disturb me:

The relationship between Russia and Poland has never been the best.
Now, 70 years after the massacre, the plain with the Polish President crashes on its way to Katyn where the Polish President along with his delegation wanted to commemorate the massacre upon an invitation of the Russian prime minister ..

Without wanting to accuse anyone, but this looks quite odd to me ..
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michel Sorbet
Poland
Lublin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
"A son seul aspect n'est-on pas terrasse? Nul n'est assez hardi pour l'exciter" Job 40:28
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
schattentanz wrote:
No doubt it is a tragic event and I, too, offer my condolences.

However there are a couple of things, that disturb me:

The relationship between Russia and Poland has never been the best.
Now, 70 years after the massacre, the plain with the Polish President crashes on its way to Katyn where the Polish President along with his delegation wanted to commemorate the massacre upon an invitation of the Russian prime minister ..

Without wanting to accuse anyone, but this looks quite odd to me ..


History is rarely fair. On the other hand it is often cruel and not without a sense of irony...
9 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Daglish
United Kingdom
Cheadle
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
schattentanz wrote:
Without wanting to accuse anyone, but this looks quite odd to me ..


It is less odd if the crash occurred on the fourth attempt to land, against the advice of the controllers.
10 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michel Sorbet
Poland
Lublin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
"A son seul aspect n'est-on pas terrasse? Nul n'est assez hardi pour l'exciter" Job 40:28
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
aforandy wrote:
schattentanz wrote:
Without wanting to accuse anyone, but this looks quite odd to me ..


It is less odd if the crash occurred on the fourth attempt to land, against the advice of the controllers.


It is not yet confirmed how many times did the plane try to land. There are different versions (1, 2, 4 tries). We have to wait for the analisys to end.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Collins
United States
San Rafael
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I was shockd and then saddened to hear this news. I am so sorry for your loss friends from Poland.

Peace be with you.
9 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David K
United States
Colorado Springs
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Jean_Leviathan wrote:
aforandy wrote:
schattentanz wrote:
Without wanting to accuse anyone, but this looks quite odd to me ..


It is less odd if the crash occurred on the fourth attempt to land, against the advice of the controllers.


It is not yet confirmed how many times did the plane try to land. There are different versions (1, 2, 4 tries). We have to wait for the analisys to end.


I'd also heard there were multiple attempts, and that there was fog that day. But I don't want to get into finger-pointing. My condolences to Poland, and thanks to OP for starting a thread where we can pay our respects.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Collins
United States
San Rafael
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
With all due respect, I think analyzing why this happened is best suited for another thread, but maybe that's just me.
33 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michel Sorbet
Poland
Lublin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
"A son seul aspect n'est-on pas terrasse? Nul n'est assez hardi pour l'exciter" Job 40:28
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Unicorniclops wrote:
With all due respect, I think analyzing why this happened is best suited for another thread, but maybe that's just me.


Thanks Tim. I think the same thing.
13 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peti
Hungary
Budapest
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
God Bless Poland! Our prayers are with you!
11 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
admin
designer
I love cargo biking!
badge
...and videogaming, boardgaming, RPG'ing and helping users as an admin!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
My condolences
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pone McPoneface
United States
Dublin
Ohio
flag msg tools
There is a road, no simple highway, between the dawn and the dark of night, and if you go no one may follow, that path is for your steps alone. Ripple in still water, when there is no pebble tossed, nor wind to blow.
badge
To seek the sacred river Alph, to walk the caves of ice, to break my fast on honey dew and drink the milk of paradise... I had heard the whispered tales of immortality, the deepest mystery, from an ancient book I took a clue.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
My prayers and condolences to all those who have lost someone and to a great country in their time of mourning.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ethidium Bromide
Germany
Potsdam
flag msg tools
Avatar
mb
Fellow Gamers,

Thanks for prayers and condolences
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason K
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
My condolences to the Polish people. Was in shock when I heard what had happened over the radio.

Requiem aeternam dona eis, Domine,
Et lux perpetua luceat eis.
Requiescant in pace.
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Slawomir Krupa
Poland
Bialystok
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
panzertc wrote:
To my friends and allies in Poland,

It is with sincere regret that offer my condolences and prayers for the death of President Kaczynski, his wife and all the other patriotic Poles who died with him in the plane crash in Russia.

I've trained hundreds of Poles for missions in Iraq and Afghanistan in Poland over the years. I've played wargames with Poles in Iraq at BIAP while going on EML. Always great sportsmenship from you guys.

Poland - Solidarity Now and Forever!

Polska Solidarność Teraz i Na zawsze!


Thank you. It is very hard time in Poland, now. We appreciate all your support and all kind words.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hubert Orlik-Grzesik
Poland
Studzionka
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
Thank you. You know, I was waiting for this thread.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent R.
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
On the count of three, you will want to game...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I wish to likewise add my condolences to our Polish brethren of BGG for this tragic loss.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lori
United States
Edison
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
What a shocking and terrible loss for Poland. My sincerest condolences.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The people of Poland have my condolences and my respect. From what I have seen on the news they are handling the crisis with great poise and resolve.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Owen
United States
Norwich
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
A sad and tragic event. My condolences.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.