Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave Daring
United States
Palatine
Illinois
flag msg tools
Glen Drover will be running a modified
Command and Colors game at an historical miniatures weekend.
Over 100 events and even a few boardgames.
Apr 23-25, 2010
Where
Lincolnshire Resort
Lincolnshire, IL
http://www.hmgsmidwest.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You might emphasize that "modified" means "totally personal invention."

He's been saying "I'm playing CC:N" when it's really his own stuff, not anything GMT has actually released.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Daring
United States
Palatine
Illinois
flag msg tools
Take up your problem with the staff; not me.
I was just paraphrasing the event listing.
Go away.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Maurer
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
He did have a point; it was a personal variation of the C&C Napoleonics with his own rules and cards. Still, I got a chance to play two of the scenarios offered, Ligny and Waterloo, and I had a blast. If it is anything close to Borg's C&C, Napoleonics is going to be another game added to my collection.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tanks Alot
United States
Fort Mill
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
go2 Youtube Historical Gaming
mbmbmbmbmb
kduke wrote:

He's been saying "I'm playing CC:N" when it's really his own stuff, not anything GMT has actually released.

Thanks for clarifying that Kevin. I think his comment was not called for at all. Didnt realize this was on ongoing issue... Ill keep my mouth shut :)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glenn Drover
United States
Plainfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
kduke wrote:

Not true Kevin...and you know it (from the previous threads where you were troll-ing)

Every post I've written here has made it crystal clear that I couldn't wait for the published version, so I created my own Napoleonic era adaptation based on the C&C: Ancients rules. I did this more than a year ago (which was before GMT announced the release of C&C: Napoleonics.)

I own C&C: Ancients, a couple expansions, and have pre-ordered C&C: Napoleonics. GMT and Richard have my money....Not sure what your problem is.

Lastly, My listing for Little Wars was...
"Refight the battle of Ligny using the GM's adaptation of the rules to Command & Colors: Ancients for the Napoleonic era."

Also pretty clear.

Now stop being a D-bag, other people are trying to have fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glenn Drover
United States
Plainfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
And it WAS fun.

Little Wars is a great event. Lots of impressive-looking wargame tables with great looking minis; A super vendor area where I was able to pick up some cool books (including Foundry's 'Napoleon').

The events that I put on were alot of fun. The players enjoyed them, and I enjoyed putting it on...Ligny x 2 and Waterloo allowed me to get my newly painted Prussians on the table.

Here are some pics...Will post Little Wars pics soon:
http://tropical-games.blogspot.com/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.