Minnetrista
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.mwgames.com/JumpGate ... check it out! ;-D
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As I briefly mentioned in the original launch announcement for Jump Gate, I will be giving away a free copy of the game through a contest on my website. I wanted to give a bit more information about that here.

On Wednesday, April 21st, I will randomly draw a winner from everyone who has registered for the give-away and send them a full copy of Jump Gate (plus a little extra bonus). To register for the contest, you need to first sign-up a user account on my website (yes, a blatant attempt to increase the number of registered users on my site), and then follow the instructions on the contest page.

I am already enjoying the entry comments from those who have registered so far ... you have a week and a couple days left to join in the fun.

Thanks,
-Matt
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Duby
United States
Honolulu
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
If you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. (Romans 10:9)
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Win a FREE copy of Jump Gate -- Launch Contest
Hey Matt, have you considered sending review copies to a few podcasts (i.e., Dice Tower, Game On, etc.) and holding a contest through those guys? Might be an additional way to get the word out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Worden
United States
Minnetrista
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MajorOracle wrote:
Hey Matt, have you considered sending review copies to a few podcasts (i.e., Dice Tower, Game On, etc.) and holding a contest through those guys? Might be an additional way to get the word out.

Good advice ... Review copies are already on the way to Mr. Drake, Mr. Vassel, and Mr. McCallion.

I'm starting there and will see how it goes from that point.

-Matt

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Duby
United States
Honolulu
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
If you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. (Romans 10:9)
mbmbmbmbmb
Got another idea for you:

How about doing an intro video to the game and its rules? I've always thought that game companies should do more of this...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Worden
United States
Minnetrista
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MajorOracle wrote:

How about doing an intro video to the game and its rules? I've always thought that game companies should do more of this...

That's a really good suggestion. Not sure how I would go about making a video ... but enough folks are doing it that I should be able to google around for the right resources.

-Matt

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Piotr Sielimowicz
Poland
Poznan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Matt,

Did you try with BGG so that they will stick your post on the main page?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Worden
United States
Minnetrista
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sielim wrote:
Did you try with BGG so that they will stick your post on the main page?

No ... I did not do anything special with BGG ... but it was in the main page forum posts lists for the first couple days.

-Matt

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Worden
United States
Minnetrista
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Brykovian wrote:
MajorOracle wrote:

That's a really good suggestion. Not sure how I would go about making a video ... but enough folks are doing it that I should be able to google around for the right resources.

This weekend, I started playing around with Microsoft Movie Maker ... and then started cobbling together something that may become an overview video.

So, thanks again for the suggestion, Ted ... I hope to have something posted in the next couple of days.

-Matt
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Worden
United States
Minnetrista
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Win a FREE copy of Jump Gate -- WE HAVE A WINNER!!
Congratulations go to ...

Duncan
New Zealand
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Duncan has won a special one-of-a-kind copy of Jump Gate by registering for the Launch Celebration Give-Away contest at my website.

In addition to what you normally get when you buy Jump Gate from TheGameCrafter.com, the special copy also includes a box with color cover artwork, color printed rules, and 6 rubber spacecraft miniatures. (Should have pictures up at my website sometime tonight.)

Enjoy the game, Duncan!

-Matt
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Smith
United States
Newburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Stay thirsty my friends.
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats Duncan, and thanks for running the contest Matt.

Guess I can place my Jump Gate order now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Worden
United States
Minnetrista
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Brykovian wrote:
In addition to what you normally get when you buy Jump Gate from TheGameCrafter.com, the special copy also includes a box with color cover artwork, color printed rules, and 6 rubber spacecraft miniatures. (Should have pictures up at my website sometime tonight.)

Here are those pictures of the set I will be sending to Duncan ...

And a close-up of the box cover & the spacecraft miniatures ...

-Matt
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duncan
New Zealand
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Matt. Looking forward to playing!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Duby
United States
Honolulu
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats, Duncan!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.