Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Thrower
United Kingdom
Bath
Somerset
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it really 3 hours, or does it take longer in reality?

And I assume solo value is near zero what with it being a cdg?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim P.
United States
Thousand Oaks
CA
flag msg tools
Visit the Wargame Bootcamp guild
badge
Muppet !
mbmbmbmbmb
From my experience the game play time is from 1-5 hours, after some experience with the game rules and strategy the average game is 3-4 hours for a game that goes to late war slog or the full 10 turns.

Games that end with Madrid falling in the first 3 turns can be over in about an hour. After the first few turns the unit density increases and time-per-turn goes up.

The game is cards assisted compared to card driven, as the cards as used for events and battle modifiers only, the surprise factor is more important than a operation or events choice of a true CDG game; this makes it a poor choice for solo except for learning the game or using the "bipolar" method of playing each side to the most advantageous position and "forgetting" what you did for the other side.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth
Netherlands
Eindhoven
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd say 45 minutes per round easy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Wall
United Kingdom
Ormskirk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Though we've rarely had the game go the full distnce, usual playing time has been 2 - 3 hrs, with full game being 3 and a half hours.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Osborn
United States
Springfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Our first game lasted 9 rounds, and took 6 hours.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.