Gary Bacchus
United States
Altamonte Springs
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DIY'ers,

I am constantly amazed at your craft and wish I could do this stuff. Unfortunately, I've 10 thumbs with 5 each on the wrong hands.

I've a question regarding my copy of 18FL. The game board itself is made of foamcore which is scored (nearly) all the way through so that it can be folded and put away into a "normal" sized box. I recently got this from a queuing system which currently has a backlog of just over a year. Because of this, I'm understandably interested in making sure this board lasts through many folding and unfoldings.

My question is:

1) Is it necessary to reinforce these cuts at all or am I just freaking out for no reason?

2) Regardless of 1), is there a way one can suggest to ensure that these will last for longer?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aloha!
United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
Meega, nala kwishta!
badge
AAGH! YOU'RE TOUCHING ME!
mbmbmbmbmb
I would. Use bookbinder's tape.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J C Lawrence
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
jakal323 wrote:
1) Is it necessary to reinforce these cuts at all or am I just freaking out for no reason?

I don't believe there's reason to worry, though things were better when DTG laminated their boards (he is no longer able to obtain the lamination material he was using). I'd merely be gentle and not worry.

Quote:
2) Regardless of 1), is there a way one can suggest to ensure that these will last for longer?

Treat them carefully. If you're really worried, and I wouldn't be, then using a single sheet adhesive lamination on the board front.

ObNote: My DTG games have been seeing play, multiple times per week, for well over a year now. None show any signs of wear.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.