Subject: Reserves Question and AH Errata rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Thomas Ryan

Silver Spring
Maryland
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My gaming partner and I just finished The Backhand Blow scenario this weekend which was also our first time playing the Avalon Hill version of Panzerkrieg.We both enjoyed the game and saw definite possiblities for future play.

Question: after the attacker has declared all attacks and the defender releases reserves, may the reserves overstack?

We could not find anything in the rules covering this, so we said yes they could but must meet stacking limits by the end of the defender's game turn.

Also did Avalon Hill ever release errata for Panzerkrieg? I've seen the CoSi errata but not sure if it would apply to AH.

Thanks BGG,

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G. Harding Warren
United States
Arnold
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know that AH published errata for Panzerkrieg in The General. It was the issue that featured Panzergruppe Guderian (that issue also has a very nice Panzerkrieg strategy article). I will let you know what I find out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G. Harding Warren
United States
Arnold
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, it was in The General which featured "Russian Front", Vol. 22, No. 4. I see that we cannot upload copyrighted materials here. The strategy article is pretty general, but useful. The errata is limited, but contains some specific errata for the Backhand Blow scenario, which I know you've been playing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Ryan

Silver Spring
Maryland
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the response. I will look for that issue of The General.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Marshall
United States
Needham Heights
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you want to purchase a PDF version of the whole of Volume 22, you may do so here: http://www.ahgeneral.org/sale/AH-GEN-v22.htm

I appears to not be freely downloadable for another year...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
TNR35 wrote:
Question: after the attacker has declared all attacks and the defender releases reserves, may the reserves overstack?

I'm a month late on this, but the answer is, No.

Item #9 in the CoSi edition errata states:

9. Reserves may not overstack.

I recently uploaded this errata sheet to the game as a jpg picture file, viewable here. The larger version prints out nicely.

Edit: BTW, apparently, Decision Games is still selling the latest CoSi version of Panzerkrieg, for US$33.
Here is their Panzerkrieg page.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.