Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Talisman (Revised 4th Edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: 2 questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kirk Olsen

Massachusetts
msg tools
These both became issues last night when we played.

1st: If the assassin beats someone in combat using assassinate ability it says he MUST take a life. But what if that person has the Golden Idol?

2nd: When can you drop and or pick up objects on the crown of command?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob acus
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
1: The idol works just like the Temple. You can assassinate anyone, anywhere. The Idol doesn't change that.

2: You can only pick or ditch things on your own turn. No matter where you are. (except if you have a spell or item that does it out of turn)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
lordelryk wrote:
1st: If the assassin beats someone in combat using assassinate ability it says he MUST take a life. But what if that person has the Golden Idol?


I would interpret Assassin's ability as a change in the normal reward selection (Gold, Object or Life), so when using Assassinate, he can only pick Life. Golden Statue overrides that selection, forcing the winner to take it. I would apply that to the Assassin as well.

Quote:
2nd: When can you drop and or pick up objects on the crown of command?


"A character may ditch any of his Followers or Objects at any
time by leaving them faceup in the space he occupies." (p. 16)

"Any time", meaning, well any time. Doesn't even have to be your turn. You just can't ditch and pick up the same card in one turn. If you are alone on the CoC, you can pick up any face up cards there.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sverre
Norway
Oslo
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Dam the Man wrote:
lordelryk wrote:
1st: If the assassin beats someone in combat using assassinate ability it says he MUST take a life. But what if that person has the Golden Idol?


I would interpret Assassin's ability as a change in the normal reward selection (Gold, Object or Life), so when using Assassinate, he can only pick Life. Golden Statue overrides that selection, forcing the winner to take it. I would apply that to the Assassin as well.


I'm actually thinking the opposite: When you assassinate, you don't get a choice - you have to take a life. Therefore, you won't be able to take the Golden Idol, because that's not an option.

I guess it's just a question of which card overrides the other...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.