GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,897 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
19 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
15 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » OLD BGGBlogs (do not use)

Subject: I went looking for HeroScape yesterday..... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eileen Duffy
United States
Nutley
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
because after reading about it here, it seems like a perfect game for our household. Minis for my wargaming hubby, a simple version for my 5 year old, fantasy for all of us.

I actually stepped foot inside the Evil Empire. Wal-Mart. *shudder* They'd never heard of it.

I'm going to try to track this down as a Christmas prezzie from Santa to us all. I hope I can find it! I'd love to know what the retail price is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S W E E T !
United States
West Lafayette
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Retail price, at least at my local wal-mart, is $39.97. If you don't need it until Christmas, I don't think you'll have any trouble getting a copy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Man, I don't understand. The game is in every Walmart I wander into...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Teague Webb
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good Hunting!
From reading other posts here, it seems you must search the entire toy/game section, as most stockers probably won't know what to make of it...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dane Peacock
United States
Stansbury Park
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
That tickles
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I found mine on the top shelf pushed way back. Don't ask someone at Wal-mart. They don't have a clue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chaddyboy
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Bloooooop.
badge
Bluuuuuurp.
mbmbmbmbmb
The Madison, WI Walmart is the only one in which I've found Heroscape in the toy section. All the other Walmarts have had it stocked with either their action figures or Legos. Apparently they don't know a real game when they see one!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Frantz
United States
Wenatchee
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Keep looking...
3 copies made it here to little old Ephrata, WA (population..oh I think around 4-5000).

And Eileen..your 5 year old is going to LOVE this. My son (same age) dreams about it. Literally. He woke up at 5 am the first day after getting it as a gift and woke us up saying he "needed to check on his new game." We've played every night so far, and when I'm at work he plays with the figures and board like you would with action figures...for hours. Last night we spent a half-hour (after playing the basic game) discussing the special powers each unit gets in the Master game. We didn't get through all of them before bedtime, but he made me promise to finish reading them tonight before Game Night (I host a Friday Game Night). As he was putting on his PJ's I overheard him telling his Mom about the Marro Warriors ability "if they roll above a 10 or 15 they get to bring one of there guys back to life!!!"

Oh..and it's great for small number addition and subtraction .

It is a must buy for anyone with a young boy with even a passing interest in games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In Ephrata? Arrrgh. How is it that there AREN'T any here in Seattle, but there are in Ephrata?!?

Some things just aren't right...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MTG Ninja
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
That's funny... asking someone at Walmart. "They never heard of it"... no kidding.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Play Games - Interact - Have Fun!
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Both Wal-Mart and Toys R Us did not carry it here in Modesto. I'll try them both again next week in case it was a delayed shipment or something.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jae
United States
Bryan
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's worth noting that the scalpers have noticed this game and the high desire for it. There are several copies on eBay for $65. It may be awhile before you see them stay on the shelves. Scalpers generally reduce availability for two-three months.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Read the rulebook, plan for all contingencies, and…read the rulebook again.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Building blocs and figs
While Heroscape should be stocked with the games, it's kinda understandable that the game might be lumped with the action figs and lego sets.

The terrain tiles interlock so that you can build terrain and 'scapes with them. (The Lego part.) And the prepainted pieces-- while not action figure scale-- have action figure poses, are prepainted, and come in all sorts of sizes. (That is, if the game sucks, they're action figures.) Probably they got a sheet saying that they should stock it in one of those places.

But, yeah, look aorund for it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Read the rulebook, plan for all contingencies, and…read the rulebook again.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mike,

I'm really glad that there is at least one genuine kid out there that has a copy of the game for their very own.

With the reports of scalpers and 'Geeks pulling down their own third and fourth copies (even one tale of a 'Geek who shut out another guy who was also looking for a copy) I was beginning to think that no one in the game's target audience would get a copy before Christmas-- If their folks could find it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eileen Duffy
United States
Nutley
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm going to go looking again today. Target, Toys r Us, KayBee...

When I went to That Place, I scoured all the shelves in the toy section before asking. Even looked in the doll aisle. I leave nothing to chance if I can help it.

Mike, I know my son will be doing the same things.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.