United States
APO
APO AE
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
America -

Land of the Brave and Home of the Free

I implore you to consider visiting the following link and if so moved, leave a note for our Polish friends in their time of mourning. Several of my fellow citizens have done so already.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/514888/polish-president

I was stationed in the Republic of South Korea when 9/11 occurred.

Counterparts from Canada and the UK were visiting my unit at the time. We were commemorating a battle that our respective units had jointly (and very successfully) participated in during the Korean War. The day had been interrupted by a Division Road march when we returned they were packing up to leave the next day.

We thought that they had left when we heard the news about the planes. (For those of you unfamiliar with time zones the ROK is ahead of the US in terms of almost 1/2 a day.)

Our allies sent us beer to mourn our losses and their condolences and support to us when we returned from our next alert and temporary deployment to our wartime positions. It meant a lot to those of us who truly love the American Way of Life that our Allies made those gestures.

Our ROK KATUSAs (Korean Augmentees to the USA) also were moved. Normally very inquisitive about things - they wondered if they would go to war with North Korea over the attacks. I had the privilege of seeing two of my former KATUSAs in Iraq when they deployed there in support of OIF a few years after my tour in the ROK.

Whenever there is a tragedy in the world - Americans are there trying to make things better - Hatti, Phu Ket -. I've been sent overseas twice to help on Humanitarian Missions. I have seen firsthand the looks of scared people glad to see that servicemen wearing our uniforms bearing our flag were there to help them in their time of need.

V/r,

PanzerTC
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Adrian
Canada
Edmonton
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
I understand your gesture, but was it really necessary to post this 5(?) times?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan "Spartan Spawn, Sworn, Raised for Warring!"
United States
Sellersburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
badge
"By the power of truth, I, while living, have conquered the universe."
mbmbmbmbmb
sirjeyhmis wrote:
I understand your gesture, but was it really necessary to post this 5(?) times?

^
This. Definitely no reason to post spam this 5 times. shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bradley Kinser
United States
APO
APO AE
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would not have posted it five times if I did not think it was.

Not everyone has the same settings or search criteria.

Some people bookmark their interests only and do not go into areas other than those.

If you check my history I don't post often.

I remember my friends and allies. I take them and what happens to them very seriously.

If there were some posting reward/incentive I could perhaps see curbing the numbers of posts.

If a moderator feels I have abused things I'm sure they will move, remove or modify the postings as appropriate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan "Spartan Spawn, Sworn, Raised for Warring!"
United States
Sellersburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
badge
"By the power of truth, I, while living, have conquered the universe."
mbmbmbmbmb
As your posts are you are in a rules violation of spam. The same post copied and pasted into 5 forums. No reason for that, on any forum, no matter how important the matter. One post would do.

I suspect that its an honest mistake, given the fact you have thumbed your own post as well (which wont count towards your total by the way). shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bradley Kinser
United States
APO
APO AE
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I understsnd what you are saying - I don't agree with it.

My point of view though.

I know thumbing your own posts doesn't count. I did that intentionally. I'm not doing this to get anything out of it.

I only posted to my country to increase awareness for those gamers who also wish to express thier regrets but maybe did not know where to post or even that the event occurred.

If I were SPAMing to SPAM this would have been posted a lot more than 5 times and to more places than the folders that they are currently in.

Like I wrote above:

If I'm wrong someone will move/remove..etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Vasel
United States
Homestead
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
Love Games, Love 'Em!!!
badge
Check out DiceTower.com!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure I see the problem with posting this to five forums. He's not getting anything out of this, and it doesn't seem like it would have made sense to only post it in one forum.

Why are people so concerned about spamming (and the thumbing, for that matter)? I just don't see it here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Runs with scissors
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
The die is cast.
badge
You say OCD like it's a bad thing.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for posting and pointing towards the thread.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bradley Kinser
United States
APO
APO AE
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey guys thanks for the kind-er remarks and getting back towards the intention of the post.

Uijongbu - my wife and I like the area very much. We had an apartment in American Alley in TDC for 2 years. (Wife did not want me deploying over there without her.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.