Warhammer: Invasion» Forums » Rules

Subject: Illyriel's ability on self? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Board games addict
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Illyriel says - Action: At the beginning of your turn, return one target unit to its owners hand unless its owner pays you 2 resources.

It seems to me that this cards wording implies that the effect has to be done on an opponent, in my game the person I was playing wanted to use it to pick up his own unit, which I had played an attachment- word of pain on, so that he could lose the attachment and replay the card from his hand.

Would this be a legal play in your opinion?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, that would be legal. Doesn't say "opponent's unit" so it can go anywhere. My son was doing this when he had forced effects to resolve, and didn't want to pay for the Church of Sigmar effect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems reasonable to assume that the designer of the card hadn't planned for that or he'd probably have limited the wording better. It's weasel-y and annoying but legal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Vollick
Canada
St. Thomas
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wytefang wrote:
It seems reasonable to assume that the designer of the card hadn't planned for that or he'd probably have limited the wording better. It's weasel-y and annoying but legal.

I don't think it's reasonable to assume the designers only wanted the card to be used on opponents' units. The ability must be used in Phase 0, so it's not like you can recall a card to your hand to avoid being destroyed.

You could also pull back one of your units that had damage on it and recast fully healthy (by no means an efficient method of healing).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.