Erik D
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Today was supposed to be my day off. I was going to meet with my brother and some friends and watch the Yankees home opener at a bar. Instead, I'm stuck on the couch hacking a lung all day.

The most annoying part of a cold for me is when it progresses to the stage of persistent coughing. When I start coughing a ton, two strange things happen: the back of my skull gets itchy, and my tongue gets cut (it involuntarily pushes itself into the edges of my incisors).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mystery McMysteryface
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TMI...........at least we were spared the "lung butter" details!!!!!!!

yuk

Sorry you're sick!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Just Jeff
United States
Sterling
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Having just gotten out of the hospital, I empathize with you. Feel better soon, and totally sorry you will miss the gathering of friends.

Cheers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Cristelli
United States
Milton
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
erak wrote:
Today was supposed to be my day off. I was going to meet with my brother and some friends and watch the Yankees home opener at a bar. Instead, I'm stuck on the couch hacking a lung all day.

The most annoying part of a cold for me is when it progresses to the stage of persistent coughing. When I start coughing a ton, two strange things happen: the back of my skull gets itchy, and my tongue gets cut (it involuntarily pushes itself into the edges of my incisors).

I can fully relate. I haven't left the house in two days and woke up this morning feeling like my throat had been scrubbed with sandpaper.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
June King
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
Bring me her heart in this box.
mbmbmbmbmb
I;m miserable too. After having a wonderful time at the GoF, my "hotel sinus" turned into a full-blown sinuis infection. Flying home was not fun for my ears.

And I have jury duty this week.

Feh.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik D
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ludocrazy wrote:
I;m miserable too. After having a wonderful time at the GoF, my "hotel sinus" turned into a full-blown sinuis infection. Flying home was not fun for my ears.

And I have jury duty this week.

Feh.

Last year's cold turned into a sinus infection. Every step I took hurt my molars for weeks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
If it falls on me and pins me underneath it, does that still count as seizing the day?
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
I think that all right-thinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that ordinary, decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am.
mbmbmbmbmb
For me the worst part of a long-term cold is when I have coughed so much my ribs become sore. Then every further cough hurts even more.

Despite all the allergens we have floating around in this humid area, I have only had a couple of colds the past few years, for which I am thankful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.