Luke Venechuk
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The new Zombie Office is up and running!

Everything has been updated in one way or another, but the biggest change has been the art.

Scott Westgard recently did new cover art for the game (which you may have already seen) and also made all new scavenger tiles for the game, including lots of fun useless items to replace the blank (or X'ed) scavenger tiles.

I re-did the board which (I think) looks a LOT better and also includes the counter track and zombie purgatory on it.

The rules have changed slightly (and there have been a lot of clearifications/grammatical fixes made), the use of the fire axe has changed and there is now no table talk allowed during WALL PLACEMENT, except for the purposes of instructing new players.

Like I said, EVERYTHING has been improved in one way or another so I won't go through and list it all, you'll just have to see for yourself

There are two version of the game packet, one with the guide to decision making and movement, and one without. There is also an unsplit version of the board for those of you with access to a plotter or other large format printer; for the rest of us, the game packets include a board cut into six sections so they are printable on normal printers thumbsup

The GG giveaway is still going on with four positions left and over 200 GG is up for grabs! The rules and info about this can be found here:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/4824555#4824555

And don't forget that the bonus for game with the most love put into it will be awarded Saturday 4/24/10!

All complete submissions will be awarded, whether they are the new version or not, but I'll toss ou an extra 5 GG if it is the new stuff

NOTE: I'd like to mention, for anyone considering hiring an artist, that Scott Westgard has been a pleasure to work with, and does excellent work. He has worked for a long time as a fine artist and has had no problem transitioning into game art. He communicates well, is receptive to input, and even has good game ideas to offer if desired (and doesn't take it personally if they aren't used). His rates are reasonable and his product is great.

Basically, Scott is awesome, I can't say enough good things about him and I would recommend him to anyone.

One last thing, a question: Would people prefer to use scoring chits rather than keep score on paper? I could whip some up if there's any interest.

Thanks guys!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Seoul
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Sorry, I got into this late. Is this a game about trapping zombie staplers in jell-o molds?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jhonna Niver
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I like scoring chits. I don't mind using paper to score with (I'm old school like that) but kids I play with and whom this might appeal to like chits.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Venechuk
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kytty wrote:
I like scoring chits. I don't mind using paper to score with (I'm old school like that) but kids I play with and whom this might appeal to like chits.

Sounds good, I've got some chits made up but they could definitely be improved. I'd like a little more input from some more BGGers before investing the work time into making good looking chits what do people think?

EDIT: added the word "more"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Westgard
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
modest
Thank You Luke!
If anyone would like to see any examples of my art (mostly fine) there is a bunch on my geek gallery!
modest
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Venechuk
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
An update on the contest: The month is up which means that the "most love put into their PnP ZO" category has closed. Congratulations to SeanXor and enjoy the GG!

And a reminder: there's still four spots open to recieve 50GG each for completing the contest requirements thumbsup

Good luck!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Westgard
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, folks, ZO is a nice little zombie game worth playtesting!
Its an easy PnP game, and really is playable, with some strategy, and fun...give it a try...and write a review!

Thanks All....and Luke!

-Scott
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
V. M. G.
Brazil
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I'm not mistaken, my friend (user: verminose) printed this, learned the rules and took it to a game saturday... and we ended up not playing it, for some reason I can't remember.

We'll get together again this weekend and if we can, we'll give it a try.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sven Berglowe
United States
Edmond
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My group has now set a date for this and I apologize about missing the last deadlines. Is it still possible to do this and get the photos to you for that 200GG?arrrh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.