Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Roman F
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I’m interested in putting some longer scenarios together by simply running 2 connecting scenarios back-to-back. Heroes that survive one scenario would carry over to the next, starting over with no items and no wounds. Any hero that dies in one scenario would not be eligible for following scenarios.

Here are some ideas in how scenarios could be combined, limited to the original game, GH, SOTF and the free web scenarios:

Escape in the Truck followed by Hunt for Survivors followed by We’ve Got to Go Back.

Supply Run followed by Defend the Manor House followed by Run For It! possibly followed by Burn It To The Ground.

Zombie Apocalypse followed by Hunker Down. Either of these 2 scenarios could follow any other.

Save the Townsfolk followed by Rescue Mission followed by Search for the Truth followed by Burn’Em Out. Search for the Truth and/or Burn’Em Out could follow any scenario(s), so long as Burn’Em Out is last (since spawning pits are destroyed). Save the Townsfolk could be the beginning, middle or ending of any series, though my preference would be to just skip it (too easy for heroes).

Die Zombies Die! could be the beginning or end of any set of scenarios but I’d prefer to not play that one again.

You could potentially work Plague Carriers in anywhere but I don’t really see a thematic fit.

Any thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ax Bits
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it would be more thematic fun to have items carry over. Just tweak the start conditions to balance it out.

Have heroes start outside if they carry over extra items.
Reduce/increase the number of turns if they carry over scenario search items.
Reduce the bonus starting cards (if they have any) by an amount corresponding to what they carry over.
Give the zombies extra starting spawns for free healing (+1 zed per 2 wounds removed).
Return half of the heroes' event cards in hand to the draw deck.
Allow the zombies to keep their hand of cards as a separate reserve that can be played out of at any time, but is not replenished and does not count towards their hand limit. Perhaps even have the reserve be public knowledge to hang dread over the heads of the heroes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Brichs
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I really love this idea, and have been toying with a similar idea. I have - however - been making my own scenarios, that would work in tandem with each other.

Scenario one: Escape in the truck - basic and simple.

Scenario two: The truck has broken down. Take the other 4 L-boards, and set them up as a long map, with the manor house at the end...it's kind of hard to explain, but like in this picture:

You have to get to the extraction point at the end, which is a helipad on the first floor of the manor house. In other words, you have to end a turn on the stairs of the manor house, and survive all zombie fights.
I need to figure out a way to make this fair for the zombie player, with regards to zombie movement.
I'm thinking one of two solutions:
Either the zombie player gets a mobile spawn point...this would mean that the zombie gets to place a spawn point on the L-board that has the most heroes on it.
or
Zombies not on an L-board with humans get to move a d3. Zombies that are 2 L-boards away move a d6.

Scenario three: Not thought much about this yet. Either a "gather supplies" scenario or a "save someone" scenario.

Items would of course carry over from scenario to scenario.
If a character starts the scenario with a healing item, the zombies start with +1 zombie for each healing item.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Waleke
United States
Portland
OR
flag msg tools
Except Colt Express!
badge
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so." Douglas Adams
mbmbmbmbmb
How about giving the zombies the ability to choose which spawn point they come out of and in what number. I.e. 6 new zombies could all pop up in the graveyard instead of evenly distributing them. And let Zombies in an abandoned board segment use their movement to jump to any spawn point, it would be like they died and re-spawned. This way you don't have to worry as much about die rolls for zombie movement. Plus the zombies could always set an ambush, which the heroes could prepare for by searching in the preceding segments.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Laws
Canada
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
"I play to win, as much or more than any egoist who thinks he's going to win by other means. I want to win the match. But I don't give in to tactical reasoning as the only way to win, rather I believe that efficacy is not divorced from beauty."
mbmbmbmbmb
Roman Farraday wrote:

You could potentially work Plague Carriers in anywhere but I don’t really see a thematic fit.

Any thoughts?

How about doing 'Escape in the Truck', followed by 'We've Got to Go Back'. During the scenario if any hero is killed whilst carrying a bio-canister it is assumed to have broken and the next scenario MUST be 'Plague Carriers'.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.