Popular Tags: [View All]
King of the Dead
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm trying to sell some cards on the marketplace. I've never used this feature before so I don't know if this is how it works.

In the "finalize listing" page it shows my description and the price and all that. Then at the bottom it has a place for "image" but the image I selected is not showing up.

Should I worry about this or what? Does it not show it to you here but it will show up when it's actually listed?

EDIT: I tried to put the item up anyway thinking it would upload the picture then but it went up with no picture.

This is not good. It's very important these items have an image to show condition.

How can I get the image into my listing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King of the Dead
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was able to upload two separate images of the front and back but not the combined one. I assume this is because there is a file size limit.

It would be nice if there was a warning about that in the upload section or an indication that it failed to upload and the reason why.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dice bags!
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You could always put a link to the image in your geek gallery in the description, or imbed the photos into your post (I'm pretty sure good old fashioned [ imageid = XXXXXX ] works in Marketplace posts).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King of the Dead
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. I found it doesn't matter anymore though.

I was planning on selling single cards but the stupid marketplace only lets you sell one game of a given name at a time and a listing for a card is considered a game.

Totally useless for my purposes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dice bags!
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Perhaps a geeklist auction?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King of the Dead
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know anything about those.

Is there somewhere I could read more about what they are, how they work and how to set one up?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dice bags!
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll see if I can dig one up for you as an example. Basically, you make a geeklist with each item an item that you're selling. You put a start price, and perhaps a reserve price, your shipping policies, end date, etc. There is a box to click when creating the geeklist that says "trade geeklist" and you click that. Once the auction closes and people win items, you put them through the marketplace so BGG gets their 3%.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dice bags!
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's an example:

http://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/53596
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.