Subject: Another kudos to GMT Games rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Umberto Colapicchioni
Switzerland
Genestrerio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Today I've received by mail a small envelope from GMT Games, that read "Boardgame parts", which wasn't expected, since I haven't ordered any replacement or spare parts from them.

It contained 3 replacement cards for Twilight Struggle, the Deluxe edition that I've received around Christmas, and that contained an errata for those 3 cards. Now they sent me the actual cards, that I never asked for in the first place! And they mailed it from the US to Italy, at their own cost...

If this isn't good customer service, I don't know what else is

It made me feel better about having pre-ordered several upcoming games...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paolo Robino
Italy
Dueville
Vicenza
flag msg tools
"I'm a Nay Saying worm beast!"
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, since you didn't ask for the replacement cards, are you sure that those cards were meant for you, and not for some other Italian customer? Because I did ask GMT for them, and I still haven't received anything...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
I got something similar from Coolstuff, for free and unsolicited. GMT must be giving the cards to game vendors too, to mail out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Stadel
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That is one of the perks of pre-ordering (from GMT, anyways): they send out replacement parts. I've gotten a few things like that (cards or reprinted chits) over the years. I guess in a perfect world they would've done it right the first time, but its nice to see them fix their errors!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Yeackle
United States
San Luis Obispo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, I pre-ordered TS from GMT and received the replacement cards with another recent pre-order.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tong Chi Wai
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
My friends and I pre-ordered TS together in Hong Kong. We all received errata cards 2 weeks before. Excellent job of GMT!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mick Weitz
United States
Iowa City
Iowa
flag msg tools
No one in Iowa City plays wargames?
badge
Yes, I like helmets...
mbmbmbmbmb
GMT customer service rocks the Casbah.

Good Gaming~! Mick
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wolfgang Kunz
Germany
Netphen
flag msg tools
badge
I'm German. That's what we do...
mbmbmbmbmb
My experience with GMT is and was always a pleasant one. They go far in making sure that printing errors (like on these cards) were replaced - either thru C3i or as in this case by sending them to the P500 people.

And you can ask them for the replacements (if you had bought the game at a local vendor) and they will ship them to you.

Never had any bad experience with them - they are fast, they are friendly and customer - orientated.

They are a very good example how a business should be run - sadly there are other who did not even take it as a necessity to reply to a question like: I paid for a game 3 month before. Can you tell me if it has shipped or when it will ship (yes, Avalanche, I'm taking 'bout you!). But they take your money...

GMT is one of the few companies I do P500 with because of their reliability.

And don't let us forget their move last year: Two free games for the recently unemployed - something that was really, really nice and shows some heart inside a business - at least they have to pay their bills too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Nordinge
Sweden
Stockholm
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmb
I emailed GMT about the missprinted cards. They promised to send the cards but that the list was long so it could take a while. I got them just under one week later. Amazing!

I think GMT is on the right track! Twilight Struggle deluxe edition is a great product. If they Kkeep making maps in cardboard and making games with "eurogames" quality I will continue buying their products.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M·ANTONIVS·M·F·M·N
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
Mein Luftkissenfahrzeug ist voller Aale
mbmbmbmbmb
I was missing a set-up card from Europe Engulfed and two days later a girl showed up and gave me a nude massage. What a happy ending!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keng Leong Yeo
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
aka Uncle
badge
小富靠勤,中富靠智,大富靠德。
mbmbmbmbmb
We also wrote to GMT Games a few weeks back and they sent the replacement cards to us with no questions asked. They too added that the waiting list is long and it may take some time. Given that we are half way around the world from them, a few weeks was acceptable.

Here's a picture of the errata and replacement cards we just received:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paolo Robino
Italy
Dueville
Vicenza
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Paolo Robino wrote:
Because I did ask GMT for them, and I still haven't received anything...

And today, I received mine! I join the chorus of "Thank you, GMT!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamieson Teo
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I ordered mine from a local shop here in Singapore. Not too sure if I'll get it... whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave King
United States
Lexington
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
While I buy stuff from other game companies, GMT is the logo on the majority of the games I've bought in the last five years. It's a first-rate company in every way--consistently high quality products and excellent customer service.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Valery Prikhodko
Belarus
Gomel
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
daecon wrote:
I ordered mine from a local shop here in Singapore. Not too sure if I'll get it... whistle

I'm from Eastern Europe. Couple weeks ago I sent email to the GMT customer service and yesterday received envelope with 3 replacement cards in it.
I'm sure it's not a problem receive cards in Singapure

Great Job, GMT!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Francis
Wales
Aberystwyth
Ceredigion
flag msg tools
badge
“"To Aetius, now consul for the third time: the groans of the Britons ... The barbarians drive us to the sea; the sea throws us back on the barbarians: thus two modes of death await us, we are either slain or drowned".” ―Gildas
mbmbmbmbmb
Just thought I would chime in. Got some replacement cards but kept it quiet as I wasn't even sure they were for me. I was genuinely surprised when I realised they fixed some errata.. excellent service.

Only problem is I mixed the cards up when I was comparing the new with the old!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamieson Teo
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Legion of DOOM wrote:

I'm from Eastern Europe. Couple weeks ago I sent email to the GMT customer service and yesterday received envelope with 3 replacement cards in it.
I'm sure it's not a problem receive cards in Singapure

Great Job, GMT!

Awesome but I better check with my local shop first if they received any from GMT. Thanks for the heads up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ross Menzies
Australia
Katoomba
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GMT have been superb in every dealing I've ever had with them. The best ever. Dealing with Avalanche Press, in contrast, is like sticking your hands down the toilet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francis K. Lalumiere
Canada
Brossard
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Paolo Robino wrote:
Well, since you didn't ask for the replacement cards, are you sure that those cards were meant for you, and not for some other Italian customer? Because I did ask GMT for them, and I still haven't received anything...

Paolo, I received two sets of replacement cards.
Just give me your address and I'll drop the extra set in the mail for you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paolo Robino
Italy
Dueville
Vicenza
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Another kudos to BGG community
weishaupt wrote:
Paolo, I received two sets of replacement cards.
Just give me your address and I'll drop the extra set in the mail for you.

No need to, I already received mine (see some posts above this and some more below my original post), but thanks for the offer!

GMT's customer service is great, but BGG is the best community on the internet! thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcelo Prado Silva
Brazil
São Paulo
São Paulo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GMT has a very nice customer service, indeed one of the best.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre Oliveira
Brazil
Sao Paulo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I also got the TS cards without asking.
Great company.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Orion J.N. Winder
United States
Holly Hill
South Carolina
flag msg tools
ALL ACCESS - ALL THE TIME - DON'T EVEN ASK
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, HIGH kudos to GMT!!!

I been on a no buy time for games, due to VERY slow work the last year and such; things have been very down. And GMT sent me two games that are now gracing my playing table, SPQR and Unlucky King Charles!
Their service, and products have always been IMHO the absolute tops! I'm hoping that when things are back more in the black to sometime have as large a GMT collection as my earliest "love", Avalon Hill. Seems to me that they're the next AH as their games always scratch my "itch".

LLL
Orion
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Bay
United States
Kernersville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mb
I received mine a couple weeks ago. Always, always great service.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew White
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't received mine yet and my T.S. deluxe was also a P500.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.