Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » OLD BGGBlogs (do not use)

Subject: Thx BGG... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Erik Ryding
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It believe it was about one year ago that I first found BGG. I was reading the rants on the FFG homepage, and one of the ranters made a comment about BGG. Intrigued I looked BGG up and found this wonderful site.

I've always been an avid boardgamer, but always had problem finding others to play with. But since finding BGG that problem has become non existent. Living in Sweden is hard for a boardgamer. Here CCGs, computer games, miniature games is soo much bigger than boardgaming, so the stores have never had any big stocks of good boardgames (though it has become significantly better the last year). Hence my problem of finding players, the games that I've had have never been really good. So after finding BGG I realised my error (my collection) and have done a lot to fix it, and it has worked wonderful. Nowdays I play almost at least once a week, and I have no problem at all finding fellow players.

The games I've bought because of BGG: Citadels, Puerto Rico, Goa, Ticket to Ride, Adel Verplicht, El Grande, Bang, GoT: The Boardgame. Not one of them has left me dissapointed yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Little
United States
Eden Prairie
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Karate Chop!
mbmbmbmbmb
Whohoo! I second your comments with a rousing "hurrah!" for BGG. It's a great online community. The reviews are great, there's lots of good content on the different games... It makes evaluating a purchase so much easier -- and I've met some great gamers online, as well.

Glad to hear you've had success with BGG, as I have. And the games you listed that BGG helped you acquire are all top notch -- it'd be a shame if there were no BGG to provide such great suggestions. Life without Citadels, PR or GoT wouldn't be nearly as interesting!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hans Persson
Sweden
Linköping
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Look, another Swede! Where in Sweden do you live? I'm in Linköping.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Ryding
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm from Lund

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.