BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: Any good Game Shops In Australia or online in america? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Australia
Sebastopol (Ballarat)
Victoria
flag msg tools
That's Karl on the left. Eternity on the right.
badge
I love Melissa, but don't tell her. It's a secret if she can find this. Shhhhh....
mbmbmbmbmb
www.milsims.com.au
www.gamesparadise.com.au
www.warchest.com.au
www.unhalfbricking.com

Are the main ones. Is there somethign specific you're looking for? (ie Euros, wargames, monopoly...)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Australia
Sebastopol (Ballarat)
Victoria
flag msg tools
That's Karl on the left. Eternity on the right.
badge
I love Melissa, but don't tell her. It's a secret if she can find this. Shhhhh....
mbmbmbmbmb
Try milsims for starters. If they don't have what you need post below and wait for further advice. whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucretia
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Almost all our games come from Milsims or Gamesparadise. They both have very good service and range. We usually buy from one or the other based on price and who has it instock.

Another place we have ordered from is http://www.caterpillargames.com.au/, they had excellent service, it was just before xmas and unexpectedly all the games came gift wrapped.

There are a few Games World stores around in shopping centres. The one in our local Westfield has an excellent range though you pay a large premium over online stores.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jaime Lawrence
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
designer
Jingle Bells, Cthanta Smells, I will kick his ass
badge
Because I am an awesome Crab with style, charm and class, oh!
mbmb
I find both of those stores overpriced - with the exception of Milsims specials section. Toadandtroll.com are good for most things - games usually end up being about $20 cheaper than they are here, even counting the insane postage.

Also worthy of note: Sydney's Tin Soldier is generally quite good, Good Games in Sydney and Melbourne as well as Alternate Worlds in Melbourne are useful if you're into CCGs and they have other games tacked on. Mind Games in Melbourne has a good range, but isn't all that competitive on price.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David G. Cox Esq.
Australia
Lighthouse Beach
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Do what you can, with what you've got, where you are.
mbmbmbmbmb
mrtech wrote:
Hi does anyone know any good game shops in Australia,
or at the very least a good online shop in America I really appreciate your help and time.

Thank you

Hmmm...does anyone know any good game shops in Australia or a good online shop in the USA.

Hmmm...sure to be someone.

Hmmm...so the answer must be...

Yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♬♪♪ ♫ ♩ ♫♫♪ ♩♬♪ ♫
Australia
MURRUMBEENA
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
All reality is a game. Physics at its most fundamental, the very fabric of our universe, results directly from the interaction of certain fairly simple rules, and chance... (Iain Banks)
mbmbmbmbmb

I'm surprised no-one has directed you to 2009 Online Australian Retailers List & Price Comparison Guide . This is a pretty comprehensive overview of all the Australian sellers online. The comments are generally pretty fair, too.

FWIW, I recommend Unhalfbricking (for Euros) and MilSims for everything!

I have purchased from several European sellers, and from Boards & Bits in the USA. So far, all good experiences. I'm not sure that Troll and Toad are all that cheap, but it is best to compare a few sellers if you are going to order from overseas in any case, and they certainly have good range of product. I suggest looking at Coolstuff and Funagain as well.

When buying from overseas, postage is a killer, especially if you want insurance and parcel tracking. I have never had problems with game orders, but I have had significant issues with books and CDs coming from the states, so I recommend paying extra. If you are able to place large orders there can be decent savings.

Regarding mini terrain and buildings, you should check the Warhammer discussion boards. There is a lot of expertise waiting to be tappped. Depending on the game, you might do well to look into model railway scenery as well. There is an awful lot of "stuff" you can add to trainsets!

-R
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin JP
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
In regards to more specifics of the Sydney stores, Games Paradise is usually pretty well stocked but has a price premium.

Tin Soldier sometimes has some decent prices but isn't quite as well stocked.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.