Alfred Wallace
United States
Champaign
IL
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Greetings--

I'm liquidating most of my collection, and I'm starting with a "garage sale" here in beautiful (cough) State College PA. So far I've cataloged over 330 games and game expansions, with a bunch left to go. (The inventory I have on here is not up-to-date; please ask to see the current sale inventory. Also, I'm not selling everything.)

It's going to be on Saturday, April 24, from 11 AM to 6 PM. If you're interested, ask for the catalog and if there's enough there to tickle your fancy, I'd be happy to give you directions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dice bags!
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd be interested in a list (my yahoo username is the same as here, if you want to send via regular email) - I've been to State College before (friend used to live there) - it's drive-able from here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Winfrey
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yowch! Only one issue...that's when Games Club of Maryland is scheduling its Game Days. A lot of potential buyers may be there...it is a huge regional draw despite the distance from SC to Baltimore. But I understand this may be a process, so...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christychan
United States
Somerville
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, I'm in NJ so it's not that long of a drive - can you send me a catalog please?

-Christy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.R. Shoenberger
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'd be interested in a list.

As of right now I'm not going to be there that weekend (though there is a slight chance that may change).

I am hoping to visit some people before the end of the semester, so I’m sure that we could work something out. Thanks;.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Burns
United States
Dupont
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aww snap I used to live there. Al you should let the Gaming Association of Penn State know about your sale i am sure they would like to add to their collection.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy Pfeffer
United States
Bellefonte
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm right here in State College so I believe I can say that I will definitely be there with bells on. May I have a catalog and directions, please?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alfred Wallace
United States
Champaign
IL
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Catalog is coming. It's being turned into a Google docs spreadsheet so it'll be continually updated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alfred Wallace
United States
Champaign
IL
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's the inventory. Plenty of games yet to be added to it...it's closer to being done for the non-wargames than the wargames.

http://bit.ly/cttBka

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Severus Snape
Canada
flag msg tools
Pascal said, "The eternal silence of these infinite spaces terrifies me."
badge
"The heart has its reasons which reason knows nothing of."--Pascal
mbmbmbmbmb
Alfred is first class/high class all the way. We don't see enough of him these days on BGG, but he has made many positive contributions. Alfred is never mean and is always gracious. His history education means he has much to offer to wargame discussions.

goo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.R. Shoenberger
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
alfredhw wrote:
Here's the inventory. Plenty of games yet to be added to it...it's closer to being done for the non-wargames than the wargames.

http://bit.ly/cttBka

That's quite the selection!

Are you going to update the list with prices? or do you want offers for them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alfred Wallace
United States
Champaign
IL
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll have prices up by then, but I'll also be taking offers. The median price will be something like $20, I think.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ludes
United States
Honor
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Good luck - sorry I won't be there ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alfred Wallace
United States
Champaign
IL
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OK. Due to popular demand, I've begun putting up some estimates (ESTIMATES!) of what I'm looking for, price-wise. I haven't priced anything yet, and things might move a bit. If something says "15," you bring $15 with you, and there it is on the $20 shelf, I've just warned you.

I haven't priced most of what I perceive to be the higher-demand items. I do intend to give volume discounts, but at what point something becomes "volume" I'm not sure (money? quantity? both/either?), and it might be a moving target throughout the day.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alfred Wallace
United States
Champaign
IL
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A quick note to anybody coming who's subscribed to this: I'm going to send out directions to my apartment starting this evening. I'll go through here looking for interest, but I also encourage you to send me a geekmail so I'm sure to see it. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy Pfeffer
United States
Bellefonte
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This event was handled very well. It could've gotten ugly but it was organized and orderly and very fairly handled. Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alfred Wallace
United States
Champaign
IL
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Indeed; it was almost supernatural how well everything went. I'm very pleased with the results, and I hope everyone else is too!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hobie
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
So...why do they have these overtext things anyway?
badge
This is what I really look like. Really. Actually, it was clip art borrowed from the internet
mbmbmbmbmb
Ooops, I totally missed this thread. I would have liked to look. Oh well. Sale part 2 anytime soon?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alfred Wallace
United States
Champaign
IL
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
beardandglasses wrote:
Ooops, I totally missed this thread. I would have liked to look. Oh well. Sale part 2 anytime soon?

Sorry--by 9 PM tonight, all the games (except the ones I kept, of course) will be gone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.R. Shoenberger
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
enfanta wrote:
This event was handled very well. It could've gotten ugly but it was organized and orderly and very fairly handled. Thank you!

Yeah, I think it was handled very well. Sure I lost a few that were high on my list to the dice rolls, but I walked out with a nice stack of games that will keep me busy for some time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Jamelli
United States
Chambersburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My buddy said things went well - and while I didn't get the one game I really wanted, (even my proxy dice rolling sucks) I did get two very good games at good prices. Thanks for holding the sale Alfred!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.