Brian Gee
Canada
St Catharines
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

If I decide I want to take a game off of my wishlist, I remove the wishlist checkmark from the game, but for some reason it still remains in my collection. I then need to go to my collection page and hit the red X to remove it.

Shouldn't a game only appear in my collection if it has one of the appropriate status checkboxes checked?

Am I doing something wrong? Is there a way I can remove a game from my wishlist in one step instead of 2? Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Mittelstedt
United States
Hampstead
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
The record in the database still exists. You have to delete the section that contains the check mark. There should be an 'X' in the upper corner of the section. Click that X and your problem should go away.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Gee
Canada
St Catharines
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BugLaden wrote:
There should be an 'X' in the upper corner of the section.

Maybe I should clarify... I'm doing this from the "Wishlist" page. I don't see any red X on this page, am I missing something? I can only find the red X on the collection page, hence the need for a 2 step process. I guess I could just do the whole process from the collection page, but that sort of defeats the purpose of the wishlist page...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Cristelli
United States
Milton
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
downstream wrote:
BugLaden wrote:
There should be an 'X' in the upper corner of the section.

Maybe I should clarify... I'm doing this from the "Wishlist" page. I don't see any red X on this page, am I missing something? I can only find the red X on the collection page, hence the need for a 2 step process. I guess I could just do the whole process from the collection page, but that sort of defeats the purpose of the wishlist page...

As far as I know, the only way to delete it from your collection completely is from your "collection" page.

Now, that being said, I don't know if it "defeats the purpose" of having a wishlist page. After all, this segregates your wishes from what you already own.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Gee
Canada
St Catharines
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rdonato926 wrote:
Now, that being said, I don't know if it "defeats the purpose" of having a wishlist page. After all, this segregates your wishes from what you already own.

I suppose, but you would think that you would also be able to properly "manage" your wishlist from the wishlist page, not just view it in a segregated way. Why would they not simply include the red X on the wishlist page the same way it is included on the collection page?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
downstream wrote:
Shouldn't a game only appear in my collection if it has one of the appropriate status checkboxes checked?

The problem is that there's more to games in your collection than just those checkboxes. If you have plays, if you've rated them, entered comments, etc, all of those make up your collection.

You wouldn't want your plays of a game or your rating to disappear because you removed a game from your wishlist.

So, in order to make this automatic, they'd have to scan for all possible information to make sure nothing was related. Possible, but I can see why it's not been done.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Hwang
United States
Elmsford
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
if you are on your wishlist page and click Views >> Wishlist, your wish will be granted... at least temporarily

but, as UnknownParkerBrother said, be careful with what you wish for. removing it in this way will also remove your comments, ratings, etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Gee
Canada
St Catharines
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
UnknownParkerBrother wrote:

The problem is that there's more to games in your collection than just those checkboxes. If you have plays, if you've rated them, entered comments, etc, all of those make up your collection.

Steven, thanks for the explanation, that makes a lot more sense to me now. I never thought of this, as I generally only apply comments and ratings to games in my collection, but I can see how there would be circumstances where one would do otherwise.

It would at least be handy however to have that red X available from the wishlist page...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Werner Bär
Germany
Karlsruhe
Baden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
downstream wrote:
It would at least be handy however to have that red X available from the wishlist page...

On your wishlist page, click on "Columns" to customize the view, and check "Commands" (the last item).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Gee
Canada
St Catharines
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Werbaer wrote:
On your wishlist page, click on "Columns" to customize the view, and check "Commands" (the last item).

Awesome, thank you! I can also control my subscription from there, very useful.

Hmmm, any way to make it remember that setting? If I leave my wishlist and return, the customization is gone. I tried the "permalink" option, but that didn't seem to do anything. (what does that do anyway?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Permalink gives you a url (web address) that will take you directly to a specific page with all your customizations and settings intact.

You can either bookmark it in a browser, or add it to some sort of quick click facility you might use, BGG's quickbar for example.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Gee
Canada
St Catharines
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Permalink gives you a url (web address) that will take you directly to a specific page with all your customizations and settings intact.

You can either bookmark it in a browser, or add it to some sort of quick click facility you might use, BGG's quickbar for example.

Thanks for all the help guys. I feel like I'm making progress understanding the more complex functions of the site thanks to your patience.

So just to make sure, there is no way to permanently customize the wishlist view to include the commands? I can just create a custom link that will pull up the customized version of the wishlist?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can also save your current settings under Views, but you'd have to pick Views / ViewnameIchose each time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Gee
Canada
St Catharines
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can also save your current settings under Views, but you'd have to pick Views / ViewnameIchose each time.

Yes, I'm starting to get the hang of this too. Thanks everyone for the help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.