Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
15 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » OLD BGGBlogs (do not use)

Subject: Boardgame Psychiatry 3 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mary Weisbeck
United States
Black Hawk
South Dakota
flag msg tools
"Blow up the damned ship, Jean-Luc!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Dr: Hello, Mary. How are you today?

M: I'm going nuts...Oh, sorry about that. I'm waiting for the games I ordered to come in. It's very hard.

Dr: What did you order?

M: I pre-ordered Camelot Legends from FunAgain on August 15th. They were the only ones offering it then. It said it was due in sometime in August. Great, I thought, August is half over. Then I checked back a week later and I noticed it didn't say "August", it said "Autumn"! Well, *that* narrows it down, huh?

Dr: I'm sure they're doing the best they can. You have to understand that it's probably the producers or the printers or something FunAgain has no control over.

M: Oh, I know. It just doesn't make it any easier. So then I ordered Einfach Genial and Modern Art from Fair Play Games. Einfach Genial will be available in 5-30 days, so I have to wait for that order, too. I'm in need a of new game! Hurry, hurry.

Dr: Mary, do you know there are people on the other side of the world who are starving for games? They have to wait months for them to be shipped by canoe!

M: Yes, I've heard that. How does that help me?

Dr: You must learn patience, Mary. Good gamers have patience.

M: Patience?!! PATIENCE?!! Let's see how patient you are waiting for me to pay my bill!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chester
United States
Temple
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Did the website say autumn of WHAT YEAR???

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Unspecified
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What calendar is it using? I believe there's a Jewish one in which the current year is around 1460, in which case you have a while yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis FitzPatrick
United States
Clayton
Missouri
flag msg tools
Heh, I feel your pain. War of the Ring, Twilight Imperium 3rd edition, Clash of Kings, Heroscape...IMUSTHAVETHEMALLANDIMUSTHAVE THEMNOW!!!!!!!!!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
June King
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
Bring me her heart in this box.
mbmbmbmbmb
There there
We all understand Mary. I had my order of Keythedral held up because one of the other games was out of stock. It arrived unexpectedly on Saturday. I got Santiago, Category 5, Keythedral and the green killer Bunnies expansion. That last one is because I'm a completist. Or anal. I can't decide.

Don't worry. It will be there soon. I heard it's a pretty great game too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K Grubb
United States
Topeka
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Wow you are scaring me. I ordered Camelot Legends mid August (afraid to check the date and find out it's the 15th) as well and now I'm addicted to flexgames playing Lost Cities regularly. I wonder if I'm typing under Sodaklady while I'm sleepwalking....

I see Zmangames saying it shipped to distributors on the 24th so I was kind of expecting some good news last week or this at the latest. Really looking forward to the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Webster
United States
Littleton
CO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Canoe? Canoe?
Mary,

It's a good thing you didn't order Tongiaki, because I heard that they ship that one EVERYWHERE by canoe!

What? No, I didn't tell her tha..

Um, gotta go.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chester
United States
Temple
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I only have one game on order...but its Age of Steam and its been about 9 or 10 months. Now..the company has been truthful with me and offered me to change my order...but I'd rather just let it sit there. One day, I'll come home to find a present on the porch and it will be my Age of Steam game.

"Yippee!" I'll say.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Zamborsky
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
"Ah, Denny, I've hardly seen you this episode."
mbmbmbmbmb
That would be a nice surprise, Chester. I'm hoping to have a nice surprise waiting for me when I get home from school today (courtesy of a trade with a Mr. Jon Waddington).

Ahhh...more games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♪ Isaäc Bickërstaff ♫
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Entropy Seminar:
badge
The results of a five yeer studee ntu the sekund lw uf thurmodynamiks aand itz inevibl fxt hon shewb rt nslpn raq liot.
If you're using the Chinese calendar, then the game is WAY overdue. It's 4702!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Van Biesbrouck
Canada
St Catharines
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Solution
The previous incarnation of the game is free to print and play. You can be enjoying the game today!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mary Weisbeck
United States
Black Hawk
South Dakota
flag msg tools
"Blow up the damned ship, Jean-Luc!"
mbmbmbmbmb
What!?
Michael, what previous incarnation? What game? Sorry to admit, but you lost me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deleted User
msg tools
badge
Mary, do you know there are people on the other side of the world who are starving for games? They have to wait months for them to be shipped by canoe!

As one of those people waiting for their games to be shipped to them by canoe (I ordered my copies of Power Grid and Goa last August - I'm expecting them by November if I'm lucky), I probably need to see a shrink myself.

Good thing there's BSW. It's better (and cheaper) than a shrink. laugh I pay for it when I happen to unluckily wander into a game with assorted idiots, morons and whiners tho...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Van Biesbrouck
Canada
St Catharines
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Venture
From the related links part of the Camelot Legends BGG entry:

http://www.njkingdom.com/venture/cardrules.html

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kendall Miles
United States
Cary
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Camelot Legends
I bought it at a local gamestore a week ago, so I'm glad I didn't order it online!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.