Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard Boyes
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The set up instructions in the rules tell me to place the Game Turn marker on the Game Turn Track. But the rules don't tell me where on the track to set it up. The back page of the Playbook shows the marker in the first box of the track, but I need to be told in the rules where to put it. I'm sure many of you want to tell me where to put this comment.

But after playing games like Combat Commander, sadly, I need detailed instructions for turn marker placement.

There may be some gamey player out there that would go for a quick win by putting the marker a bit down the track at the start. (I don't really want to play him/her.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Young
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
Old Ways Are Best!
badge
Check Six!
mbmbmbmbmb
And a lot of CDGs have "scenarios" each of which tells you where the game starts on the turn track and where it ends. This is not such a game. There is only one scenario which starts in 1775 and the "North's Government Falls" card will tell you when it ends. Our habit is to put the turn marker on Turn 1 (1775) at the start seeing as how it is the first turn of the game. Have another look at the Playbook (p. 2) and endeavour to suppress the urge to comment that things illustrated there are not "rules" so they don't count...

But seriously, you were just kidding right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Boyes
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mostly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Irving
United States
Salinas
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Your "complaint" is like the common set up rule: "Place board on table."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Dolan
United States
Highland Lakes
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
It starts in 1783. the Americans have won and you just have to have the british pack up and go home.'

It's a great game that takes less than 5 minutes to play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Boyes
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dan, that's exactly what I was worried about.

If I lost the die roll to resolve the Turn Record placement dispute with an agressive player in a tournament, with probably thousands of dollars at stake...who knows?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Kluessendorf
United States
Waukesha
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
... that God loves us and wants us to be happy. -Benjamin Franklin-
mbmbmbmbmb
eltorosailor wrote:
Dan, that's exactly what I was worried about.

If I lost the die roll to resolve the Turn Record placement dispute with an agressive player in a tournament, with probably thousands of dollars at stake...who knows?

That would be awesome, I can see it now ... "Next on ESPN 7, the finals of the Washington's War tournament...Oh my god, the American player just played Admiral Suffren Wins a Naval Victory! Booyah!"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michel Boucher
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Phlegm wrote:
It starts in 1783. the Americans have won and you just have to have the british pack up and go home.'

It's a great game that takes less than 5 minutes to play.

Obviously geared towards Euro players :-)

However, I happen to know that the game takes two hours to play. It is a remake of We the Meeples [gameid=620 ] but some of the events have been accelerated...for those with short attention spans :-)

Oh, and for those who haven't figured this out yet, it's a wargame :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.