Graham Smallwood
United States
Santa Ana
California
flag msg tools
badge
TWO Equals in an "if" statement!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup, I've played it a few times with just my wife. I GM'd and she was the captain of her ship. I made a deck of like 10 NPCs for her to "hire" to the other positions. She'd tell them what to do, but I'd give them personality and handle their rolls so she didn't have to know every rule for every position. Worked out pretty well since she's a Firefly fan.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When I've played it 2 player, I was both the GM and one of the players. It doesn't really work for missions with surprise twists, but there are several missions that don't have that, and it can still be fun to play this way. It's definitely better with more people, but I found 2 player was a good way to learn the game and/or teach a new person.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Strauss
Brazil
Brasilia
DF
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not very well. There are some missions (from PAX) that are quite playable alone, with no GM. Most of the missions need two sides. If you´re in for only 2 people, play Battlestations Fleet Admiral (now in playtest). It´s basically the same game, but more focused on larger battles and it's two-player.

Cheers,

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Hostman
United States
Alsea
OR
flag msg tools
designer
I've been Banished to Oregon... Gaming in Corvallis, living in Alsea... Need gamers willing to try new things...
badge
The Splattered Imperium
mbmbmbmbmb
I've had no problems with 2p, but I let the player have 4 PC's. No big deal.

That said, Fleet Admiral takes away one layer of detail: position within the module. Characters are tracked only to the module level, not the 1/25th module squares.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.