A L D A R O N
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
A L D A R O N
badge
----[---->+<]>++.+++++++++++.--------.---.>-[--->+<]>---.---.-.
mb
Since all boardgames will be moving to the iPad, it would be great (and, I imagine, relatively easy) to expose (and evangelize) an API that iPad game developers could use to automatically record game plays from within game apps (and perhaps also access a game's entry in the database, etc.).

In addition to being convenient for players, it would get BGG's foot in the door as a platform for networking gamers playing electronic versions of boardgames. (Another way of looking at this is that if BGG doesn't do this, someone else will, which will seriously undermine BGG's role as the nexus of boardgaming, as it becomes increasingly electronic).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Cox
United States
Clemson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
1024x768 works just fine - Don't Wide the Site!
badge
Missing old BGG
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm just not feeling this need, some 12 days or so after this gizmo hit the market.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A L D A R O N
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
A L D A R O N
badge
----[---->+<]>++.+++++++++++.--------.---.>-[--->+<]>---.---.-.
mb
Randy Cox wrote:
I'm just not feeling this need, some 12 days or so after this gizmo hit the market.

Wait until it's a "need" and it's way too late.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.