Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Douglas Glisson
Canada
Alberta
flag msg tools
www.scottsigler.com/gfl
badge
I'm gonna keep signing my posts so just let it go already.
mbmbmbmbmb

So I have a game that I want to replace some tokens with ships. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for some small ships that I could buy to use as game pieces in my game. It currently uses hexes 1-3/4" across. I have no trouble enlarging them to fit the right pieces. There are 5 diferent types of ships ranging from scouts to Destroyers and a couple of space stations. I didn't design this game I just want to pimp it. I purposefully didn't post this to that games forum as it doesn't seem to get much love and wanted more input.

Thanks,

Kraken Fan #69

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Bartel
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you go to GenCon, you could get some here:

GenCon: 5,000 Plastic Space Ships

Or maybe you could contact:

A. B. West
United States
Beech Grove
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Why aren't you PLAYING a game?
mbmbmbmbmb

He's the OP of the above thread and the designer of Galactic Emperor. He may sell some of his surplus off to you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sean johnson
United States
Edinburgh
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The first thing that comes to mind are Micro Machines. In the 90's there was an entire line of Space themed micro machines. Most of them were Star Wars based. However, they also made some Star Trek and Babylon 5 micro machines as well. They even had an original series called Galaxy Voyagers that were space ships that were not from any specific show/movie. I bet you could find them on Ebay.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shellie Rose
United States
Vernon
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
American Science & Surplus - Buck Rogers Battle for the 25th Century game pieces
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
my eye
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What Uba said. They're nice and small and will fit your hexes. But there is only three types of ships.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken F
United States
Fort Wayne
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So what exactly is your ship needs? How many different looking ships; how many of each type; and if each player has their own color, how many player colors?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas Glisson
Canada
Alberta
flag msg tools
www.scottsigler.com/gfl
badge
I'm gonna keep signing my posts so just let it go already.
mbmbmbmbmb

The game is InterSpace there are 4 player colors and 9 Patrol Boats, 7 Assault Boats, 5 Destroyers, 6 Transport Modules (tankers), 3 Scouts, 1 Galactic Station, and 2 Regional Stations if I got that all correct. I just really want to pimp this game. The game is cool looking enough but then there is new art that really looks good available by Semi_Colon. I'd like to see the hexes a bit larger anyway so having to make them a bit larger is not a big deal.

Off forum someone suggested this site and they have some great looking models too!
http://shop.vbamgames.com/index.php?osCsid=792cf84931a075571...

Kraken Fan #69

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayday Games
United States
Layton
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure these would work, we only did one mold but they could be different colors:

Geekmail me about this if it fits...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.