Rob Herman
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Often in the endgame, the scoring positions of the nations are apparent a few turns before the game ends, and you may still have a bond purchasing decision to make. To save you the trouble of calculating what bond will provide the most profit, this chart lists the bonds in descending order of profitability:

Bond # Factor Profit
9 5 15
8 5 15
7 5 15
6 5 14
5 5 13
4 5 11
3 5 9
7 4 8
6 4 8
5 4 8
8 4 7
4 4 7
9 4 6
3 4 6
2 5 6
2 4 4
5 3 3
4 3 3
3 3 3
1 5 3
6 3 2
2 3 2
1 4 2
7 3 1
1 3 1

Caveats:

If the nation is definitely going to pay off its investors again, you can increase its factor by 1.
If you are going to take possession of a nation, be aware that you might have to pay to advance on the rondel; on the other hand, you also get taxation bonuses. These often almost cancel out.

A few observations/easily remembered tidbits:

If you can get anything 3 or bigger in the nation that's going to hit 5x, do it; the bigger, the better.
Anything 3 or bigger in a nation that'll hit 4x, or hit 3x and pay off again, is the next best choice. At this factor the 5-7 provide the most profit.
Beyond that, you're fighting for scraps. Look for a medium-sized bond in a 3x nation or, if one happens to be left over, a small bond in a 4x-5x nation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Stegman
United States
Minneapolis
MN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I only probably upload about half of the player aids I make. I have one I use for I2030 I've been using for a while:

That's not the final version though (I am not sure where I put that). I ended up doing it two-sided because people were distracted when they were on the same side and I found it is better to just wait until those final buys start happening before pointing out the end profit side.

I see now that I for some reason my spreadsheet calculated the 9's x5 profit as 14 instead of 15. Oops! Not sure what happened there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Herman
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I like that--might have to make a similar one. It's very easy to read.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Winter Osterhaus
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, just be sure that if you upgrade to take the loss of the upgraded card into account! not to mention the gain made by the player who might get to buy that bond you just traded in...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.