Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chad Martinell
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To close out our game night last night we decided to have a quick 1-lapper through Chicago, as Doug had just received the track in our recent purchase. We brushed up on the rules for the new areas (crossing traffic? zig-zag through the park? a JUMP?!?

We randomly picked our characters and off we went, rolling for pole position. I narrowly beat Doug and took the pole. Doug took starting position 2, and David grabbed the 3-spot.

There were no stalls and no fast starts in the initial rolls, and we all headed for the first turn. I was doing well in the beginning, and snaked my way through the first two turns. Doug and David both came up a bit short into the second turn, and fell back a bit, but I came up short heading into the third turn. Nearly every turn on this track is a 2-stopper!!! David caught up to me at this point, taking the lead. He headed for the "intersection." Which doesn't seem to have any impact on the game, as I don't see much chance other than in a multi-lap race where someone is lagging very far back for a collision. He came up short of the park, then blasted through it in 5th gear! He would have come up short for the next turn, but was able to NOS into it. I followed shortly, as 5th gear put me half-way into the park. I rolled 5th again, coming up short for the turn, but NOS got me in there. Doug was still lagging pretty far behind. David played it safe heading out of the "on-ramp" turn towards the jump, while I powered through and made up some valuable time. I was now 3 spaces behind David. As we headed into the next 2-stopper, Doug made his way into the "on-ramp" turn. I took the lead coming out of the turn heading for the 1-stopper, but David blasted past me in the straight, and actually hit the turn! I managed to sneak in there as well. Doug however hit all of the turns very well and was catching up fast! In the final 2-stopper David hit it just right and was able to power onto the straight-away. I hit the 2-stopper but Doug came into it much cleaner and passed me. David crossed the finish line first, with Doug close behind. I followed the next turn.

This was an exciting race, as it was fairly tight most of the time. Nobody had that runaway win that you sometimes get with this game, where the one guy just rolls perfectly every time, and everyone else has to grind through the gears, tires, and brakes just to stay in the turns. In the end there was maybe a dozen spaces between the leader and last place.

I'm definately liking this street racing aspect of Formula D!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.