Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Douglas Glisson
Canada
Alberta
flag msg tools
www.scottsigler.com/gfl
badge
I'm gonna keep signing my posts so just let it go already.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm liking the look of these two games and I like the theme of both of them. Any recommendations as to which is a better or more fun system? Are there scenarios to play through or is it just set 'em up and knock 'em down? Any cool links to persuade me one way or the other? If my FLGS wasn't 2 hours away in Calgary (http://www.sentrybox.com/) I would probably be htere buying something right now!

Kraken Fan #69

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Peterson
United States
Normal
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got a lot of the Uncharted Seas stuff and it is a lot of fun. The Firestorm:Armada is very similar in play style (I just have the rulebook for F:A). I think the choice should be driven by who you'll be playing with an what you like....

I LOVE the Orcs...they have cool ships and the play style fits what I enjoy.....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Dooley
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
krakenfan69 wrote:
I'm liking the look of these two games and I like the theme of both of them. Any recommendations as to which is a better or more fun system? Are there scenarios to play through or is it just set 'em up and knock 'em down? Any cool links to persuade me one way or the other? If my FLGS wasn't 2 hours away in Calgary (http://www.sentrybox.com/) I would probably be htere buying something right now!

Kraken Fan #69

Honestly brother, you're best bet is to go with your choice of either Sci-Fi or Fantasy, as the games work very similarly.

Quite frankly, they're both very fun, but the small differences (shields, wind direction) aren't enough for me to say that you should pick one or the other.

I'd say look at ALL the ships, decide which you like the best, then go with that system. Or just buy both. It's relatively cheap to get into in the first place, which makes is so great.

Though, to be fair, I think the models for Firestorm are just the bee's knees. That's not to say that the Uncharted Seas ones are bad, its just the F:A models are so impressive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas Glisson
Canada
Alberta
flag msg tools
www.scottsigler.com/gfl
badge
I'm gonna keep signing my posts so just let it go already.
mbmbmbmbmb

When I heard about the two systems on the D6 Generation it sounded as though the Uncharted Seas was a little buggy rules-wise and FirestormArmada kinda fixed that and had some other componnents added as well. The wind thing is one thing that was mentioned. I think it would be eaiser to make terrain for US but I think I'm falling for the ships in F:A. I've kinda been into the space thing lately. If it's cool I might grab the rulebook for US and give it a go leater. Unfortunately, my FLGS (the one 2 hours away) doesn't have a rulebook for F:A in stock. Man I hate waiting. shake

Kraken Fan #69

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.