Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
The all-seeing, all-knowing, all-trollin' Mike Hutton
United States
moline
illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
the Cannonata download in this download section is giving me all kinds of trouble.....my friend uses it to run blood bowl stats and it works great....i cant figure out how to make it work for me.....when i download it (which appears to go fine) and then try to open it i get a small box with 3 "names/files" on it....it wont allow me to get into the actual spreadsheet because it is password protected/read only....can someone walk me through this....REALLY want to use this

thanks
please reply

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David McKenna
msg tools
Aren't you a little short for a Stormtrooper?
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
the Cannonata download in this download section is giving me all kinds of trouble.....my friend uses it to run blood bowl stats and it works great....i cant figure out how to make it work for me.....when i download it (which appears to go fine) and then try to open it i get a small box with 3 "names/files" on it....it wont allow me to get into the actual spreadsheet because it is password protected/read only....can someone walk me through this....REALLY want to use this

Not sure if any of the below is of any help to you, but anyway:as a non-Italian speaker, I actually tend to use one of the ones here http://www.tybbl.org.uk/resources/tools.php (for LRB 6)

Back to your question: whenever I download the Cannonata spreadsheet and open it, I get a spreadsheet that has three worksheets inside it. The first of these is for my squad, and down the bottom there's a cell that titled Razza (Race). Click on it, and I get a list of the team races. Select one, and that then lets me select (under the Ruolo - Role - column) what type of player they are. From what I can see, seems to be only certain cells that are password protected.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The all-seeing, all-knowing, all-trollin' Mike Hutton
United States
moline
illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks, still having troubles with the one you gave me

when i opened it a box with team history,matches, and something else opens up and when i go to select anything i get an error box thatr pops up saying "this document is password protected and encrypted. open it in the application that saved it,remove tyhe password or encryption, then save it again. then try to open it again in works."

any help to walk me through this would be appreciated

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David McKenna
msg tools
Aren't you a little short for a Stormtrooper?
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmm ... sounds like it might be something to do with the program you're using to open them, since they all worked fine for me.

I'm not really sure about MS Works (haven't used it from the early part of the decade since I got my mitts on MS Excel instead); have you tried opening them with something else instead? (say, Open Office: http://why.openoffice.org/)

Beyond that, not sure what else help I can give, sorry!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.