Marc Noguera
Other-Eastern Europe
Girona
Girona
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
HI!

-If a player wins the favor of a particular god (by paying in GP), only he can perform the actions of that god (normal/special)? or other players may also?

-Once the big mythological criatures are placed on the board, these remain there until someone plays again the card of that criature?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Neumann
United States
Whitefish Bay
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
In life you have to do a lot of things you don't f*cking want to do. Many times, that's what the f*ck life is... one vile f*cking task after another.
mb
Akeold wrote:

-If a player wins the favor of a particular god (by paying in GP), only he can perform the actions of that god (normal/special)? or other players may also?

Only the player that won the favor of that god can perform those actions. They go in order from the top down to Apollo.

Akeold wrote:

-Once the big mythological criatures are placed on the board, these remain there until someone plays again the card of that criature?

Thanks

All the mythological creatures (except the Kraken) stay where they are until the player who played them's next 'god turn'. That is, if they put Medusa on your island in turn 1, then they bid on Apollo the next turn, Medusa stays there until Apollo's god turn comes up.

The Kraken stays where he is until the card is bought again, in which case the buyer can move it to any new space.

Hope that helps!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Noguera
Other-Eastern Europe
Girona
Girona
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, sure that helps!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Noguera
Other-Eastern Europe
Girona
Girona
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a doubt about the stay of creatures:

-Playing with two players where's each player may bid two gods, it works in the same way?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Neumann
United States
Whitefish Bay
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
In life you have to do a lot of things you don't f*cking want to do. Many times, that's what the f*ck life is... one vile f*cking task after another.
mb
Akeold wrote:

-Playing with two players where's each player may bid two gods, it works in the same way?

Yes. It still comes off at the beginning of your first god turn. At least that's how we've been playing it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bruno cathala
France
st pierre en faucigny
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
for 2 players:

creatures stays untill your next turn first god
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Noguera
Other-Eastern Europe
Girona
Girona
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok then.
In my point of view it is very important to clarify this point because Ares is very powerful and the other players can only be defend against him by playing properly the mythological creatures.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Neumann
United States
Whitefish Bay
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Akeold wrote:
Ok then.
In my point of view it is very important to clarify this point because Ares is very powerful and the other players can only be defend against him by playing properly the mythological creatures.

I don't use the creatures too often, in fact.

I defend my islands by getting Ares and then stockpiling warriors and building fortresses. I also use Posiedon to try an encircle my islands with ships...if they want to get on my island, they'll have to fight just to get there! The port building is awesome for this because it protects every space adjacent to your island.

Sure it doesn't work all the time, but I find Cyclades to be a tug-of-war where islands are switching hands quite a bit...I never find it to be the end of the world when I lose an island (unless it's my last one with a metropolis that wins them the game!). Usually, if they gather a force to attack me, then one of their islands is poorly defended.

The creatures are powerful for certain applications, but I haven't found them to be so all important that I don't let them go by if I could use that money better to buy a building or bid higher on a god I want.

Of course, I don't win very often either, so take all this with a grain of salt
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Noguera
Other-Eastern Europe
Girona
Girona
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, good strategy, but is not always possible to get Ares, especially if you're the one who does not have much money...So, the only way out you have is to play properly the criatures...playing on Zeus and spending 1GP to change the criature if necessary...Some of them are very powerful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.