Popular Tags: [View All]
Brandon Pennington
United States
Springfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
If your orange juice doesn't burn on the way down, then you need more vodka!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes it is OOP, at least for the time being. It can be bought still, but I think it has been going for around $75-80. Cosmic Encounter while not the same type of gameplay at all, is a fun space themed game with different races, and still readily available.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob the Hobbit
Estonia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure if that qualifies, but I'd point towards Ad Astra.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Burkman
United States
Kettering
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Peekaboo!
mbmbmbmbmb
Also note that the figurines are an add-on and are not included with the base game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter
United States
Carol Stream
Illinois
flag msg tools
Casual Gamer
badge
You'll get over it.
mbmbmbmbmb
Just so you know. The figurines do not come with the base game. They are sold separately. I know it may be difficult to find a copy of Starfarers now, but not sure if Mayfair will do a reprint. Otherwise you could check out e-Bay or look at the one available for trade.

For trades you can scroll down the Starfarers page to the Statistics section. Then click on the number next to the "Users Trading", (currently 130). Many people willing to trade are also willing to sell their games.

As for other games with alien miniatures;

Battlestations (Sold separately) True aliens races not just humanoids with blue skin.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
finbar taub
United States
san diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
ad astra is very similar to catan, and is set in space -

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.