Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Paul
United States
Springfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was really worried that FFG was going to give up on the game. With the upcoming event and this expansion, I believe they are committed to it. Thanks FFG. Can't wait to see it on the game store shelf.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse LeBreton
United States
Kingsford
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No Way!!! This has got to be a late April Fools joke

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse LeBreton
United States
Kingsford
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well I guess it's true. I should have subscribed to the news portion of the forum.

It's great news. The only thing that seems a bit negative to me is that this expansion has 9 boards instead of 12. I would have liked to play the Soviet front with a massive 12 board map. I guess it's still possible using the other map boards but they won't match.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmb
I would have liked 12 boards as well, but 9 can still make some sizable scenarios as seen in Days of the Fox.

Also, we're not sure whether they'll match up with the existing boards or not. My guess - or perhaps my hope - is that FFG has made some "conversion" style pieces that can blend the visuals from a western Europe feel (as found in the Normandy expansion and Map Upgrade pack) to either a city-scape or snow-covered terrain.

We'll just have to wait and see.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leon Daley
Belarus
Borisov
Minskoy obl.
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Translation in Russian of preview and original artwork look in my blog here: http://kayuta.blogspot.com/2010/04/tide-of-iron.html

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kookie antonio
Philippines
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
now that they've got the fan base of ToI excited with this, i hope they can sustain the momentum by giving more info about this... i just got my entire set yesterday from the mail and it's really something else. if FFG can only create more scenarios like two on two (24 boards), i'd pick up another base game in a heart beat. the eastern front battles can inspire a lot of scenarios utilizing 24 boards and it doesn't matter if the theme will be similar to other wargames as it's the game system of ToI that makes the entire difference. we can only hope that there's more to come.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Naperville
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm I am not sure how much more support people are looking for. You have North Africa expansion, Normandy, a scenario book, expansion map pack and tons of user made plus official material

I dont think they have given up at all on this game. It takes time to pump out expansions
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Paul
United States
Springfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess it took a while for me to warm up to the base game, now that I am into the game I just want to know this game is going to continue to be a classic. It was a long wait, but if FFG is consistent with the quality of these expansions, TOI will continue to expand it's fan base.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.