José Carlos de Diego
Spain
Zaragoza
Zaragoza
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't understand the Wounds concept in the game.

One question for the author Paolo Mori:

Do you put wound tokens on units with 1 Wound Point (WP)?

Do they lose orders tokens the units with 1 WP when they are removed?

In later examples it seems that no place, but I don't know if the reason is because they are left to one side of the table or because wounds are placed on them really.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
José Carlos de Diego
Spain
Zaragoza
Zaragoza
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
According to unofficial faq compiled by Fred Hartig says:

3. If one of your troops is inflicted a number of wounds equal to it's Wound points, it is simply removed, without using any wound token.

For example, a legionnaire (1 wp) that gets 1 wound, is removed from play with no use of tokens.

If a troop with more than 1 wp is inflicted a number of wounds not sufficient to destroy the troop,you actually place wound tokens on it. So for example you never place wounds on infantry, but only on cavalry or chariots, that stand more than 1 wound..

Is this correct? It was then 2 WP units are worse because they make me lose orders. I don't see very logical.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paolo Mori
Italy
Parma
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, troops with only 1 wound are simply removed when they suffer a hit.Troops with 2+ wounds can sustain wound tokens, but it's not mandatory. If you want to keep the troop alive, you put a wound marker on it. If you want to keep your order available, you are free to destroy the troop as it had only 1 wound.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
José Carlos de Diego
Spain
Zaragoza
Zaragoza
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you very much, Paolo.

This clarification does change the game completely, can not find it very logical, but have to count on it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Seitz
United States
Glen Allen
VA
flag msg tools
badge
Like water spilled on the ground, which cannot be recovered, so we must die. But God does not take away life; instead, he devises ways so that a banished person may not remain estranged from him. 2 Sam 14:14
mbmbmbmbmb
jcd2001es wrote:
This clarification does change the game completely, can not find it very logical, but have to count on it.

I agree. I argued with Paolo about it, but ... well ... he wins all arguments on the design rules!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesus Cañada Ramos
Spain
Barcelona
Spain
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, it's only a matter of opinion, I thought. It gives to the player a difficult decision when he must apply wounds in a unit: maybe I must destroy this unit? Or it's better to put a wound in this heavy cavalry at cost to loss one order marker?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Seitz
United States
Glen Allen
VA
flag msg tools
badge
Like water spilled on the ground, which cannot be recovered, so we must die. But God does not take away life; instead, he devises ways so that a banished person may not remain estranged from him. 2 Sam 14:14
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, I agree with the design choice. I just disagree about what the rules say. It's not really clear that you can do that. Paolo has clarified his intent, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesus Cañada Ramos
Spain
Barcelona
Spain
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, OK, I misunderstood you laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesus Cañada Ramos
Spain
Barcelona
Spain
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
These litle clarifications with the rules will be in the next Pocket Packs rulebook?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paolo Mori
Italy
Parma
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, the ruleset in the next set will be updated. There won't be rules changes of course, just some clarifications.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesus Cañada Ramos
Spain
Barcelona
Spain
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe the 1.1 rules can be added to download in the Zman web...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paolo Mori
Italy
Parma
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes of course they will.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.