Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
20 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » OLD BGGBlogs (do not use)

Subject: Avatar Culture - Linnaeus Style rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kane Klenko
United States
Ridgeway
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In an effort to join Linnaeus in bringing some sort of higher culture to this site, I have decided to follow his lead and give you all a new picture of Brett Favre every week.
The picture will be taken from the game that was just played (win or lose) in an effort to bring some semblance of good taste to your non-Packer loving selves. For those of you who ARE Packer lovers, this is simply a treat for you. For all of us though, this is simply a way to glory in the greatness that is Brett Favre.

This first picture was taken from the Week 1 MNF game between the Packers and the Panthers.

Favre rolled to the right, out of the pocket, barely avoiding a sack. In the right side of the end zone were Bubba Franks and Ahman Green. Green was blanketed by a defender, while Bubba was just barely open in the deeper corner of the end zone. Knowing that while Bubba appeared to be open, the pass would probably be intercepted if thrown his way, Favre pump faked to Bubba drawing the defender off of Green. In a flash, Favre rocketed the ball low and outside where only Green would be able to catch it. Touchdown Packers!!! This picture is from after that TD pass.
While the Packers Offensive Line and Ahman Green were the true MVPs of the game, Favre came through in clutch situations. Several 3rd and longs and this 3rd down TD pass were among some of the great plays in the game.

Final score: Packers 24 - Panthers 14

Linnaeus, I hope I have in some small way helped you in your efforts to bring culture to the Geek.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Martin
United States
Delafield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
This above all: To thine own self be true, and it must follow, as the night the day, thou canst not then be false to any man.
mbmbmbmbmb
Appreciation
I appreciate greatly this culture that you're bringing here. There'll probably be a lot of "winning" pictures of Favre rather than "losing" pictures.

GO PACK!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel V
United States
Arvada
Colorado
flag msg tools
mb
Good God. Football Sucks. "hey everybody were not a war hungry enough country already, Lets worship a WAR GAME"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Comfort
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Culture + Football = TMQ
If you don't already, you must check out "Tuesday Morning Quarterback" on nfl.com. It is a spectacular weekly column that somehow manages to combine humor, culture, and football into 8,000 words per week. I recommend going back and reading them all!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Martin
United States
Delafield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
This above all: To thine own self be true, and it must follow, as the night the day, thou canst not then be false to any man.
mbmbmbmbmb
TMQ!
I totally second reading TMQ. Great stuff, that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Comfort
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry...
I forgot to mention that TMQ is written by Gregg Easterbrook, which you may need to know to find the column.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
shumyum
United States
flag msg tools
badge
♒♒♒♒♎♒♒♒♒ sloooowly sinking
Yum!
I LOVE cultured cheese! My favorite is frommage blanc. Can you put a picture of that up during a bye week?

Justin
Viking fan
War game fan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crypt Keeper
United States
California
flag msg tools
None shall pass!
badge
'Tis but a scratch.
mbmbmbmbmb
Ia football! NFL R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!surprise

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chaddyboy
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Bloooooop.
badge
Bluuuuuurp.
mbmbmbmbmb
As long as he keeps throwing more TDs than INTs, Brett Favre is the man!

I'm sure glad that football season is back in swing, and I look forward to the next round of "wars" next week. Good God Daniel, go play some ballet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dane Peacock
United States
Stansbury Park
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
That tickles
mbmbmbmbmb
I have been a huge Favre fan from day one. He is the best QB ever. But now I find out that I have been mispronouncing his name all along. Who can blame me, with the way it is spelled and all? Anyway, for those of you that are still struggling with the pronunciation, you say it like this: T-o-m B-r-a-d-y.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xander Fulton
United States
Astoria
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hey everybody were not a war hungry enough country already, Lets worship a WAR GAME

Hell, if this country actually DID worship a war game, it'd do incredible things for the education system. Appreciation of history would greatly change how the US perceives the other countries in the world (Yes! There ARE other countries on the planet! And believe it or not, almost all of them have been here longer than us!! No, it's true, really!)

But to compare a sport to a 'war game' is...a little bit of a reach, IMHO.

(No, really, though. I mean, if tonight everyone in the country suddenly became as captivated by "East Front" as "Survivor 12: Underwater" or became as interested in the naval ambitions of the Hapsburg empire in "Great War at Sea" as they are in who slept with who last week in "Lifestyles of the Incredibly Amorous"....well, *wouldn't* the country be a better place?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerald Cameron
Canada
Unspecified
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lol
First of all, Kane, don't try and blame ME for this idea

Secondly, GO PATS!!!! BRADY RULES pp

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
N.D. Tepe
United States
North St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Did you happen to see Daunte's 5 (count'em five) TD passes last sunday?

bleeding Purple n Gold,
Nate

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kane Klenko
United States
Ridgeway
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup
I did see Culpepper's 5 TD passes. Very impressive. Brady looked really good too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John So-And-So
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
badge
You and the Cap'n make it hap'n
mbmbmbmbmb
All I can say is: I love football, but if "Survivor 12: Underwater" were on, THAT'S ALL I WOULD WATCH.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Ciaramella
United States
Fall River
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Brady
Brady looked damn good! Still....nothing smells like football more than a Favre missle into the endzone.

Go Pats!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deleted User
msg tools
badge
Used to be...
That's nice Kane. Favre is one of the best QBs ever. But he's not the best one now. The best QB now isn't even Brady.

P-e-y-t-o-n M-a-n-n-i-n-g is how it's spelled.

Now, if Indy could only get a defense to go with that offense... cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Burke Glover
United States
Unspecified
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
Favre's ok
I like Favre. I even put him on my fantasy team. As a BACKUP QB to Donovan McNabb! BWA HA HAAHAHAHAHA! Fly Eagles Fly!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Lewis
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
After all (American) football is the most Americain of sports.

Violence mixed with committee meetings.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.