Hide
7 Posts

Battlestar Galactica: The Board Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Question on persitent crisis cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Derek Frosty
msg tools
Hi all, just got this game for my birthday and I'm really pumped to play it with some friends, just did a dry run tonight by myself to get an idea of how the mechanics should work.

I ran into one hiccup though where I wasn't sure what to do -- after drawing the Thirty-Three card, it indicates that it should remain in play until a civilian ship/basestar is destroyed or the fleet jumps. What does this mean exactly? Does this just activate raiders every turn regardless of any other crisis cards drawn? If so, what if the newly drawn card also activates raiders?

Also, one other thing I was wondering about -- when a Cylon attack card is drawn that indicates two Vipers are deployed, are those launched in addition to any I may have already put out there? It just seemed prudent to me that whenever a jump was completed I should launch at least a few using the Command location so I wouldn't be depending on just the 2 that came with the attack card. Does that make sense? As an ancillary, should there be 3 total vipers deployed at the start of any game with Apollo?

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Frosty
msg tools
Ah! Understood, so that particular card could keep recurring until a basestar or civilian ship is destroyed.

Good clarification too -- I was definitely activating everything that had just appeared as well as what was on the board already.

Thanks for the quick response! I love games complex enough to create rules questions

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Reynolds
United Kingdom
Gosport
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a pretty marginal threat, unless your shuffling is very bad you aren't terribly likely to see it again.

You are only really expected to get through just under a half of the Crisis deck per game. Tell us how it goes!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberta Yang
msg tools
JamesR87 wrote:
It's a pretty marginal threat, unless your shuffling is very bad you aren't terribly likely to see it again.

Getting Thirty-Three alone shuffled in isn't a huge threat. The real problem is that it also shuffles cards you've Scouted to the bottom of the deck back into circulation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Landon
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mb
salty53 wrote:
JamesR87 wrote:

Getting Thirty-Three alone shuffled in isn't a huge threat. The real problem is that it also shuffles cards you've Scouted to the bottom of the deck back into circulation.

Which, thematicaly, doesn't seem to make any sense to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerry Smit
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That by itself is a big enough threat and loss of Human Actions. But it's subtle, and non-thematic.

A more directly thematic "33" card would be "Keep it in play until..blah blah at which point you discard it. If it is still in play when the fleet jumps, return it face down to the top of the crisis deck".

Gerry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.