Popular Tags: [View All]
Colin Houghton
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I love HP Lovecraft-

I have all the books, the 3 CDs (Dunwich Horror, Mountains of Madness, Shadow over Innsmouth) , posters, the dvd, etc ... but is the game a rich experience for a single player? Can you play solo?

I doubt that I could get my gamers into it.. (I tried call of Cthulhu, but people preferred Game of thrones! Unbelievers!).

By the way.. where can you get thos Fleur de Lys cigarettes advertised on the CDs? !!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One of the best solo games out there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Aubert
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One of the bestest solo games out there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Houghton
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mmmm.. and it's my (55th) birthday next month... I think I'll drop my sons the link to this link.. and hope they take a hint... As long at the Shoggoths don't intercept my message!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jefferson Krogh
United States
San Leandro
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hell yes. It's tons of fun solo. Usually people will play 3-4 investigators in a solo game, as a single investigator usually cannot succeed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Mc Cabe
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why . . . I dream of things that never were and ask why not
mbmbmbmbmb
The shoggoths won't intervene. They'll probably speed up your order in anticipation of another vic . . . er, um, worthy opponent.

Brian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Morneau
United States
Maspeth
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I picked this up as something to try with my game group. we haven't yet, but to prepare I've been playing solo. It's a ton of fun and really engaging as a solo game. I'll probably play it this way a lot even after introducing it to my group.

You won't be disappointed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Avi Noneofyourbusiness :')

California
msg tools
mb
Chou4555 wrote:
I love HP Lovecraft-

I have all the books, the 3 CDs (Dunwich Horror, Mountains of Madness, Shadow over Innsmouth) , posters, the dvd, etc ... but is the game a rich experience for a single player? Can you play solo?

I doubt that I could get my gamers into it.. (I tried call of Cthulhu, but people preferred Game of thrones! Unbelievers!).

By the way.. where can you get thos Fleur de Lys cigarettes advertised on the CDs? !!!!

Oh dear God, I practically *only* play it solo. For four years now :') Playing it with others often irritates me because of their ignorant game decisions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Thornton
England
Exeter
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Suits both brilliantly. Lot of book-keeping to keep up with solo but even the smallest decisions feel meaningful and it really does build its own narrative.

Personally I think the game plays best with people though! Lots of interaction and the groans/cheers are more fun shared!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brother J
United States
Summerville
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FYI, "A Shadow Out Of Time" is the 4th CD.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Houghton
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BrotherJ..

Thanks for that. Will get the 4th cd.

The others were very good. Shadow over Innsmouth particularly brought the book to life for me!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.