Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Trevor Long
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I looked around and don't seem to see anything about this which is odd, but in case you haven't heard...

At the Realms of Terrinoth event yesterday at FFG's Event Center in Roseville, MN John Goodenough premiered Dungeonquest as redone by FFG.

Release late summer/early fall. Fervent hope to have it by GenCon, but maybe not. Combat mechanic not yet released. Takes the old game and the 'best bits' of the expansions in one box. Updated art and it will be set in Terrinoth.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Shaw
United States
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AWESOME!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Nicholson
Canada
Brantford
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Now that's great news!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Robinson
England
Rotherham
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I fight lost wars, see light, fear sight
badge
I open my mind, need flesh, fear mine
mbmbmbmbmb
snicholson wrote:
Now that's great news!

At last! Scott will make a video of Dungeonquest, if not the old version like I begged and pleaded him to make a few years ago

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Nicholson
Canada
Brantford
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
zombiegod wrote:
snicholson wrote:
Now that's great news!

At last! Scott will make a video of Dungeonquest, if not the old version like I begged and pleaded him to make a few years ago

The only thing that's kept me from doing it is that my policy used to be that I wouldn't cover games that people couldn't buy.

DQ has had a proud spot in my top 10 list on BGG forever, and I don't see that changing.

I just hope Fantasy Flight and I have similar views on what the "best bits" means... I mean, if there's no bottomless pit so that you can't die on the first step out of the game.. come on, where's the fun?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan S.
Canada
Montréal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What an excellent news. I never played the original but have heard so much about it since i stumbled on BGG i just can't wait to get my hands on this one.

I was a bit too young at the time of release and never had the opportunity to buy a used copy but the fact it is being re-released AND that of all companies FFG will sell it makes it almost an auto-buy for me.
( As almost any game with a dungeon theme )

I will finally know what it feels like to lose miserably on my first move. And if FFG tinkers with the rules to prevent that then i'll MAKE some bottomless pits myself to fall into. I just hope they do not alter difficulty too much so the game keeps the same unforgiving feel.

Since i never played the old one, i don't really mind that FFG are re-theming it in Terrinoth but i understand why some people would be upset for nostalgia's sake.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
This game is responsible for my fantasy gaming obsession. I even owe it my username. To see it being reprinted by my favorite publisher is...amazing.

My only dismay is that El-Adoran will undoubtedly be missing from the Terrinoth setting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johannes Haglund
Sweden
Göteborg
Västra Götaland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I find it really amusing that the old GW edition has the Talisman logo on the box, when the game had nothing to do with Talisman, and now the FFG edition has the Runebound logo on the box, when the game has nothing to do with Runebound either!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
I keep switching between this thread for the comments and the other one for the picture.

Now this thread has both.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Björn Hansson
Sweden
Bromma
Stockholm
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Frankysan wrote:
I find it really amusing that the old GW edition has the Talisman logo on the box, when the game had nothing to do with Talisman, and now the FFG edition has the Runebound logo on the box, when the game has nothing to do with Runebound either!

Blasphemy!

Talisman and Runebound are two games that are truly utterly useless. Really.

Imagine Stanley Kubrik putting DAvid Hasslehoff on the cover of 2001: A space oddesy... Equally stupid.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Kuster
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We saw this coming a while back didn't we! Excellent, my old copy has seen better days and now I will be able to have the expansions that are always a little to much on ebay.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Moffatt
Australia
Ipswich
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It doesn't sound like the expansions will be 'as they were' but a distilled version revised by FFG.
I'll be picking this up, but I don't think I'll be letting go of my original game, Catacombs and Heroes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lars Wagner Hansen
Denmark
Sorø
flag msg tools
designer
Any time, any place!
badge
Fingers off, that's my car!
mbmbmbmbmb
Who needs an new HQ when I still have my original Drageborgen... (Danish edition).

Lars

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J P
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmb
1. Erase all Terrinoth references
2. Print some extensions with cool new characters and tiles and cards
3. ???
4. Profit!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Galaxy is Just Packed!
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm actually a bit afraid of this one in FFG's hands. I can really see them going too far in the development cycle. The great thing about DQ is that is so damn fast and easy and stupid and fun because of it.

As long as they do something about the God-awful rock-paper-scissors combat system, I'll be happy. One of the first things we did was chuck all that out the window and just use the dice chart in the solo rules. It made a nice streamlined game even streamlinedier.

So, please keep it a FAST and STUPID game. That's the game's appeal!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Moffatt
Australia
Ipswich
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree Bryan, all I really want to see with a new DQ is FFG quality components pasted on the old game system. I'd prefer they left well enough alone, it is pretty much perfect as it is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
I would be okay if they changed some rules to make all of the components more relevant. The Corpse and Crypt decks are always so lonely...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Björn Hansson
Sweden
Bromma
Stockholm
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
bryanwinter wrote:
So, please keep it a FAST and STUPID game. That's the game's appeal!

Amen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
You don't need any more.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I've kind of been wanting a fourth Varikas the Dead figure. Guess I'm getting it now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Board games addict
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Count me in as one who is VERY interested in this remake, although I have never played the original, am a big fan of fantasy dungeon type games.

Can't wait to see the components of this one since F.F. do so well in this regard, and if they want to make changes or updates to the rules to improve them then all the better in my opinion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anders Pedersen
Denmark
Copenhagen N.
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope they'll keep it as fast and deadly as the original. But they hopefully add some twists to the system to make it worth buying a new edition.
Like someone else said, the artwork will be the biggest problem - it should be darker than what the Terrinoth universe has to offer.

I own the Danish translation of the original Drakborgen. I also bought Drakborgen Legenden. So my interest in yet a new edition is so so. But I'll keep an eye out for the rules and see if it'l catch my attention.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles (Che) Han
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I love it. cant wait.

I havent played the actual game but from what i heard (lack of support for 8 players) i think they should make it so it comes with a board that can be played by 8 players, at least.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Nicholson
Canada
Brantford
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pumbaa wrote:
I love it. cant wait.

I havent played the actual game but from what i heard (lack of support for 8 players) i think they should make it so it comes with a board that can be played by 8 players, at least.

Oh, you could play the original with 8 players. That's easy. Just have two folks bumbling their way through from each corner.

In fact, to make it even easier, do Scott's Press Your Luck version, where everyone starts in the middle with the Dragon's Den. It'll thin out those 8 players in no time!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Nicholson
Canada
Brantford
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Styfen wrote:
pumbaa wrote:

It's got loads of support for 8 players. Just use two copies of the game!

Or, as what we did, use the expansion, which gave you lots of characters to use and dolls to kill off.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AMERIGAMER!
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Snotlings!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.