Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » OLD BGGBlogs (do not use)

Subject: Too much crap rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Turner
United States
Wauwatosa
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I finally realized last night I had too much gaming crap. The issue came up when I could not find my main Hybrid rulebook and searched everywhere. Did I loan it to a friend? leave it at the office? Leave it out at a relatives where I was maybe trapped for the holidays? Trunk of car? Turns out it was under a stack of tax folders in the basement along with some other random gaming crap. How the hell to organize all these boxes, miniatures, ccg stuff and ooodles of games I never play but can't bear to sell (Ploy, Feudal, Game of Thrones, Outdoor Survival, Third Reich, Axis & Allies, Supremacy [yeech! maybe that one can go], etc.).
Anyway, since the passion of the moment seems to be getting Hybrid painted up and ready to play, I found the one thing I needed for the moment, but what about all the delicate streams of clutter leading back to what I'll need to find tomorrow, or the next day? It's bad when you'd rather go to the store and buy a new copy of the Warhammer rulebook than go through the effort of finding your own for instance...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chester
United States
Temple
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like the problem is that you have too many tax folders.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MTG Ninja
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
pack rat

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Henke
United States
Maple Grove
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lost and found
I sooooo understand this!! blush

I once lost rules to the Elric boardgame when I was a freshman in Highschool...it nagged at me for YEARS as I knew I still had it somewhere and I refused to accept that it was gone....so on to graduation, the University, graduation again (wasn't I here before?), go to work slogging lobsters and shrimp, then to work in the field for a couple of years, then back to college, graduation again (!), 2 other jobs in the field, moving to a new house....and finding the rules when I was 33!

Where? in a folder I still had from that year in Highschool!!! Why on earth was that still in my steamer trunk (I did have some of my early stories in it I guess)?....I can breathe easy. You know? I don't think I've ever even played the game as I was reading the rules to learn it....So, putting the rules away I find an unpunched game.... how sad is that? blushlaugh

I was also obsessing that I had accidently mixed my Squad Leader pieces in with my Vietnam pieces (Reese's peanut butter cups anyone?) back in highschool as I was hiding certain....um, literature in the boxes....at any rate, I'm orgainizing my games here as I'm looking for proper storage areas and I decided to check into the Squad Leader/Vietnam debacle...nope, it was all ok.

I'm, at the least, persistant in my hunts as well. Now, how do we pare down the collections to the vital ones? I don't think I can do it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Turner
United States
Wauwatosa
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The packrat issue is true, but it's a product of my current living situation. Had to move out of my flat like a year ago and throw everything in storage. Once I finally buy a house this will all change!

Some of the games are bookshelf filler, such as Ploy, which simply will never be played, but on the bookshelf of those 3m and avalon hill bookcase games, it looks cool, so I have to keep it until I find something better, like every single book published by katsuya terada.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.