Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Buhl
United States
Leeds
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1) If the enemy activity draw orders the unit to "seek cover" and there is already cover on the card, does it move to that cover automatically? If not, and the card is at its max cover limit, I assume it's "no action" as per the instructions for actions that cannot be followed?

2) When a pinned unit is no longer under fire (i.e. the firing enemy unit pulls back), at what point do I remove the pinned markers? Since this could well affect the type of VOF in combat, it might swing things on a turn or two, and I can't remember where I found that in the rules.

Thanks as always,

Chris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Hull
United States
Stafford
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
1) If the enemy activity draw orders the unit to "seek cover" and there is already cover on the card, does it move to that cover automatically? If not, and the card is at its max cover limit, I assume it's "no action" as per the instructions for actions that cannot be followed?

Yes, he takes cover if it is already there

Quote:
2) When a pinned unit is no longer under fire (i.e. the firing enemy unit pulls back), at what point do I remove the pinned markers? Since this could well affect the type of VOF in combat, it might swing things on a turn or two, and I can't remember where I found that in the rules.

At the end of the Combat Phase

Thanks
Ben
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt R
United States
DFW
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't forget that the enemy units in this game generally follow the same "rules" that your own units do. So don't forget to add a nice "exposed" marker to enemy units that move into cover...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Buhl
United States
Leeds
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Noonespecial wrote:
Don't forget that the enemy units in this game generally follow the same "rules" that your own units do. So don't forget to add a nice "exposed" marker to enemy units that move into cover...

Oh, I never forget that...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Bishop
United Kingdom
Lytham St. Annes
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
benhull wrote:
Quote:

At the end of the Combat Phase

Thanks
Ben

From the errata

3.7.1 (Clarification):
For any card without a VOF Marker, remove any Pinned Markers from units, just like when a MISS occurs when under fire (6.9.1). This is done at the beginning of any subsequent Combat Effects phase in which the unit is not subject to a VOF marker.

Is it at the start of the subsequent or the end of the current combat phase, it makes a difference to what they may subsequently be able to do.

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.