Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
ruvion .
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wouldn't it be interesting if there were mechanics that provided more meaningful interaction between players in the "next" expansion (assuming there is one)?

Just tossing out an idea here, but I'm thinking something like colour coding and adding combined level caps to buildings and making them a limited/restricted supply:
Designating the colour blue to all defensive buildings, then adding a playtested combined level retriction (dependent on the number of current players) of X, where the sum level total of all the players' blue buildings cannot exceed X (or make it so that all subsequent blue buildings past X would require an added premium to build). Level of an individual building is of course equal to the column number. A meter that tracks the combined level of each colored buildings built is a must, of course. This mechanic would create a rush for certain builds and would cause others to avoid pursuing similar strategies (diversification).

I'm not sure if it would make it unnecessarily mathy or would create lengthy downturn/procastination, but I think injecting some measurable strategic interaction (not claiming the above idea would do just that) would add well deserved meat to this great gate-wayish game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sochan

Rhode Island
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was thinking an alternate set of monsters and an alternate building sheet (an entire sheet, not tracks) would be more interesting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.