United States
Gallup
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Preorder Navajo Wars by GMT Games
mbmbmbmbmb
I finished up the solo game tonight and we won a very close game. Things were touch and go for a long time as we had zero "GOOD" countries for the first 3 hands or so. A little luck in Afghanistan allowed us to complete the Regime Change and send troops home. We Reassessed to Soft posture to conform to world opinion and then started to work in the Gulf region. Jihadists attacked the Gulf States pretty hard and we were forced to send our troops out of the region. Abu Sayyaf forced us to send troops from Saudi to the Philippines. Finally, with only two hands to go in the game we got Saudi to GOOD. We were then able (owing to the Intel event which allowed us a look at the Jihadist hand) to take aggressive action that I otherwise would not have attempted to make a major push at the Gulf States which also went GOOD. The final hand was a killer. I drew the second Oil Spike event. Unfortunately an Election shifted posture to Hard and the world opinion was heavily against us. I opted with my opening play to Reassess. Unfortunately I was forced to use Clean Operatives which sent two cells to the US. The next Jihadist play put a cell in the Philippines and then a Martyrdom Operation in the US put two plots there. Ouch. I decided to go for a sudden death win. To do so I ignored the plots and used my first card to attempt war of ideas in Jordan. I succeeded and since King Abdullah had already shifted the country to FAIR, Jordan went GOOD. I now had 8 of 12 resources necessary for a sudden death win. My second card was Oil Price Spike which sent my Resources to 10. Per the event, I drew a card from the discard pile. I chose the other Oil Price Spike event. The Plots in the US ironically caused my Prestige to go UP--I rolled some amazing die rolls after Mike left (Rich was still there as my witness)! The Jihadists now took their turn. I was worried about the Gulf States as there were two cells there and I was worried about a Minor Jihad which would foil my bid for a sudden death win. Fortunately both cards caused plot attempts. I then used my second Oil Price Spike event to bump the resource values of Saudi and the Gulf States +1 again and voila! 12 Resources!

It was a very challenging game that once again went down to the final hand.

Lots of fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ax Kr
msg tools
You cannot choose another oil price spike when selecting a card from first oil price spike. I am afraid you lost.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.